Kara & Nori

She was a really well know thief across certain parts of Middle-earth, especially the Dwarf realms and a few towns of Men. In the Blue Mountains she was particularly well known, but no one had been able to catch her; it was like catching smoke, for she seemed to slip through everyone's fingers, especially the guards of the Blue Mountains, and it was infuriating to all.

She didn't just steal anything she could get her hands on. She was like the MIddle-earth incarnation of Robin Hood - taking things for those in need However, she also stole things to keep herself alive, and as her reputation became known across the Blue Mountains, there was another nomad, also a thief, who was determined to catch her out because she was stealing all of his opportunities.

She was known as Askad, or Shadow in the language of the Dwarves - her people. It was common assumption that the infamous thief was male, and with no proof of otherwise, it stayed that way. But in what felt like another lifetime, she lived the rest of her time as what most would call a regular Dwarf lass in the village of the royal Dwarf family in the Blue Mountains, her family alongside many who had once been residents of the lonely Mountain, of which she remained the last of her bloodline; her brother had recently been killed in the Battle of Azanulbizar, and she had no plans for marriage anytime soon.

SHe mostly kept to herself, but not to the extent that would draw suspicion. No one had even connected the dots that she was actually a thief. They all knew she was talented with weapons, and was rather strong from her time working in the forges whenever extra help was required - in fact, that was how she made the majority of her living. She didn't like to be compared to other woman of her kind, she liked to stand out, btu more in a positive and independent way.

Of course, that didn't stop the occasional troublemakers from trying their luck with a single and fairly beautiful lass like her, and in Dwarven standards, she was considered a thing of beauty - with raven black hair flowing past her shoulders and tied back in a messy bun whenever she worked in the forges, otherwise kept loose but not unkempt. Her beard was kept trimmed and only the smallest of brads she allowed to hang from her chin. Her skin was not of a pale creamy type but more of the natural glow one has from spending too much time in the sun. Her skin tone and hair colour only brought out her high cheekbones and the faint scar running across her forehead, as well as the gorgeous brown eyes that sparkled with a certain glint of mischief that she was often not without.

She had rounded hips, and well defined muscles in her arms and legs, as well as a strong butt, from all her hard and extreme work over the years. Her attire was usually of worn leather pants, scuffed boots and a grey tunic stained with mud and soot and whatever else she had been working with that hadn't quite come out of the once- clean fabric. Either way my she didn't care so much about her appearance so long as she looked presentable enough for special occasions or when required.

And that was what often caused the troublemakers to come knocking on her door. More than once people had seen her in a fight with the occasional drunkard or man willing to try his luck with her being single and alone at night. Huh, that never worked so well for them, and while many disapproved, the majority believed in treating a woman right, and so she earned a fair amount of respect in her life.

Beneath that fiery temper and compassionate heart, was a wild spirit. At the most random of moments people would do a double take whenever they saw her, seeing not only a glimpse of her mother whenever the wind blew through her hair or she stood alone in the wilderness, but also someone who did not belong within the ranks of the community, but she stayed anyway - because she had nowhere else she really wanted to go.

And her name was Kara.

Now this other thief, also a Dwarf, was another matter entirely. He was also from the Blue Mountains, same as Kara and, like her, his family had also once lived within the Lonely Mountain. The only thing different about them in terms of family was that he was of the Line of Durin - distantly, at least - and he got a lot of grief about it from his older brother Dori.