fifty seven

two hours ago

TAEYONG sent you a message

TAEYONG
Miyeongie?

TAEYONG
How are you?

MIYEONG
I'm doing fine...

TAEYONG
Are you sure you are?

MIYEONG
Yes, Taeyong

TAEYONG
That's a relief! :)

MIYEONG
Taeyong... I need to tell
you something important

TAEYONG
seen

TAEYONG
Is this about me?

MIYEONG
About us

TAEYONG
Ok, I'll listen to you

MIYEONG
Even though we both loved
each other in the past...
Deep in my heart, I never knew
the hole will be filled by you

MIYEONG
But... I can't compare how much I
love Jaehyun right now...?

TAEYONG
What are you trying to say?

MIYEONG
seen

MIYEONG
I honestly don't know what I'm
trying to say. I just feel like I can't
love both because it's wrong and,

MIYEONG
I just can't say how much I love you

TAEYONG
:P

TAEYONG
You just did haha :)

MIYEONG
Oh... Uhm!

MIYEONG
Well anyway,

MIYEONG
I just need some time to think...
But if i choose you,

MIYEONG
Will you promise me to not leave me?

TAEYONG
With all my love, Miyeong
I promise.
You have my heart all to yourself.

present

"Miyeong! Wait!" Jaehyun calls her name out.

The sudden heavy rain decided to fill in this dramatic moment which Miyeong was not hoping for. Through the crowd, Miyeong was able to squeeze through to walk away from Jaehyun but it is evident that the guy had difficulties in coming through to grab hold of the girl.

"Just leave me alone, Jaehyun!" Miyeong shouted at him, not even taking a look back at his face. She walked quickly as possible and tried to confuse him with the crowd.

Jaehyun did not stop looking for her, he continued to push the people away to see Miyeong. "I can't leave you alone, you know that. I won't leave you since you came out from your room and decided to see me!"

A small opening was shown between the strangers' arms. Jaehyun squeezed through and saw her.

The girl, who's shut herself out from everyone; covering herself; shaming herself; crying all by herself and hurting herself. Miyeong glanced at her back, overlooking her shoulder and saw Jaehyun standing a few inches away.

She couldn't smile even though she wanted to. She couldn't hug him even though she wanted to. She couldn't dare to look at him in the eyes and tell him the three words that make them both happy.

"You didn't leave me, alone," Miyeong breathes in, "you left me with Ha Ri."

Jaehyun's heart broke, his eyes watered. "No... Miyeong... It's not like that. Just please let me explain." He walked towards the girl. He grabbed her arms and held her shaking hands. Her head was low, trying to avoid his eyes.

"It's my fault... I was just... Caught up in the moment and I'm truly sorry for that. But please listen to me; the reason why Ha Ri and I saw each other today was for you. We wanted to find out the cause of this mess and how we can help you. It's just that Ha Ri is now blaming herself for all this mess. And you know I just can't let her do that. She's thinking she's all alone but I wanted her to know that she has you, me and even Taeyong. After all, we were the four best friends in our childhood days." Jaehyun said.

Miyeong looked up to him and gave a small grin, "is that how it is, Jaehyun?"

He nodded and hugged her, "it is and I'm sorry. I really love you. My heart is only for you to have."

"The fact that you told me all these things just made me realize... I forgive you. I understand that you needed some love and I wasn't there for you when you needed affection and comfort. But Jaehyun, why didn't you invite me? This is not only both of your problems. This is my problem, my life. It's as if both of you are plotting the possibility of what's happening; what are you both doing? Controlling my life? And..."

"Why... Why weren't you there for me when I needed you the most? You said that when Ha Ri cried and blamed everything to herself, you couldn't leave her. How come you didn't do that in the first place to me? Am I not your girlfriend? Am I not the person you love?"

"I was all alone Jaehyun. Nobody was there anymore— only Taeyong was there to help me. He guided me, reminded me, even looked after me. I wasn't expecting it from him but I was expecting you... What were you doing when I needed help?"

"Going out with Ha Ri? Meeting her secretly to 'find out what caused this mess to help Miyeong'? Right now, I couldn't help but to be envious of her. She had you all these time and had her badk when.... I wish you had mine."

Jaehyun lets his grip off from Miyeong, to his surprise, she knew these things. "You... You knew? From who?" He grabs her shoulders as she shrugged it off violently.

"Me. I saw both of you occassionally at restaurants and cafes. I don't get what the meaning of 'i love you' anymore, Jaehyun. I don't understand it anymore especially when it comes from you."

"I really love you, Jaehyun. I really do. I just don't know why you let yourself get into these. I knew about you and Ha Ri dating before but... I never knew my boyfriend would let me down to date my best friend. Maybe it's karma. I shouldn't have dated you in the first place because after all, you were Ha Ri's and I was Taeyong's."

"I think it's best for us to...go to our seperate ways." Miyeong said.

Jaehyun looked at her, staring with his watery eyes as he almost tears up. He grabbed both of her arms tightly and hugging her waist. He fell down  on his knees, begging for her to take back what she said.

He never felt so broken, empty, and soulless.