Chapter Fourteen- Allison's Your Anchor

Comenzar desde el principio

Stiles looked at me, then back at Scott, "To teach you ourselves."

~~~

"That the king sent one of it's best hunters to try and kill it." Allison said.

I slammed my food tray on the table, "Hey girls. What are we talking about?"

Allison looked at me, "Some book I found about my family history. Listen to this-- Even the church finally declared the monster a messenger of satan."

Lydia popped some food in her mouth, "Mm. Boring."

"Cryptozoologists believed it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid." Allison continued.

"Slipping into a coma bored." Lydia interrupted.

"While others believed it was a powerful sorcerer who could shapeshift into a man-eating monster."

I suddenly got more interested, "Does any of this have anything to do with your family?"

Allison nodded, "This. It is believed that la Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first fallen prey to the creature."

Lydia looked at Allison weirdly.

Allison smirked and looked up from the book, "His name was Argent."

Kate is getting smarter with this. She's dropping hints of what the real family business is.

Lydia looked at her, "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

She showed us the book, "Not just a big wolf. Look at this picture. What does that look like to you?"

I turned to the side a little more to see the picture. Oh my god. It was an alpha.

Lydia seemed to recognize it from the video store.

"Lydia?"

She just kept staring.

"Lydia."

She finally looked up, "It looks.. like a big wolf. See you in history." And with that she smirked and walked her sassy walk away.

I smiled at Allison as I walked over to the two doofus' table.

"Hey Scott? Allison can still see you behind that master disguise of yours." I stated.

He groaned and slammed his head against the table.

"Hey, I got a plan. Plus, I'm a way better Yoda than Derek." Stiles said.

Scott glanced around nervously, "Yeah, you be my Yoda."

I giggled, "Your Yoda I will be."

Stiles and I both snorted at that. I love his cute- NOPE. Do not love. He is not into me. He is into Lydia. We are just friends.

"I said it backwards." I stated, Scott probably not understanding.

"Yeah, I-I know."

Stiles rolled his eyes, "You still haven't seen Star Wars?" 

I got up, taking Scott's great disguise, aka Stiles' textbook. I handed it to Stiles and walked out of the cafeteria.

~~~

I ran up to the lacrosse field, "Hey dudes. Sorry I'm late, had to stop in the ladies room."

Stiles glanced at me and pointed to Scott.

"Stay calm, staying calm.." he muttered.

I looked up at Stiles, "What is this all about?"

He looked down at me, "I attached a heart rate monitor to Scott and I'm making him stay calm when I throw lacrosse balls at him."