Awakening

I hear an explosion....n-now a little girl she's crying......she's

Something woke me, a noise, what was it?

I keep having this same dream over and over, I hate it.

If there is anyone in this building please proceed to the exit doors now! I hear somebody yell.

I get up, dazed and confused, and start walking the way of the voice.

To my surprise it's a COG soldier, he grabs me by my arm and throws me into the blinding day.

I shield my eyes and look around, the streets jammed with vehicles as far as the eye can see.

Military vehicles speed by filled with civilians.

What's going on I ask a soldier passing by.

We're evacuating the city, the grubs have made it too far we're making one final push here just get to one of the many evac points and you'll be fine.

He then turns and joins his squad.

May bye I should help I think, no..no bad idea, you've seen the news John don't even consider it.

I start walking towards one of the evac locations, at least that's what the signs say.

Look at all these people, how does the COG expect to evacuate a city in so little time without creating chaos?

If they keep upping military presence like this so qui-hey!!!

A man pushes me out of the way, making me lose my train of thought.

I regain my balance and look up only to see a huge wave of people racing towards me.

ratatatat

Machine gun fire mows the civillians down as the COG try to hold them back.

Of course all this did was cause even more panic, people flew by me and I was thrown on the ground.

I take a moment and look around.

There's cars flying to get out of the city, running over everything in sight

People are swarming the streets making it impossible to go anywhere.

Suddenly I see what started the panic.

Maybye the COG was a little too late.