The Best

A/N
I've decided that I will continue the story with no ship, but I really like the thought of a renegade graybat. I agree that I haven't see too many of those and I already like the Graybat ship. Sooooooo on with the story!

Batman runs his hand down my head and I can't stop the tears.

"Renegade, it's okay," he soothes, but I can't help but feel more panic at that name. That stupid name. It holds too much regret and pain. I hate it and I don't ever want to hear it again.

  "Please don't say Renegade," I beg," I don't ever want to hear that name again. Please?"

  I shake and he pulls me closer. " Okay so what do you want  me to call you then? Ren?" I cringe at that name too.

  What do I want him to call me? What name do I like? Robin?

  "My little Robin," my mother's sweet voice rings. Do I constantly want to be reminded of her and my father. I will only remember their deaths.

  "Little Robin are you ready to fly?" She strokes my cheek and places a gently kiss on it as I nod my head quickly. Something squeezes my shoulder. I turn back and see my father with a huge smile on his face.

  "Ren?" Batman pushes me away a bit, checking my face. I flinch at that name once more.

  "Please call me Robin," I whimper and he will takes me close once more as I cry.

  I will carry that name high in honor of them. I will not be Renegade anymore. He's dead and will never be found as long as I can live. I will never go back to that. I can't ever go back to that. I promise to myself I will have a better life.

()()()()()()
Batman's POV

  I feel Re-Robin fall limp in my arms and he finally falls asleep. I place him gently back onto the cot. Seeing him like this, vulnerable, reminds me of how young he truly is. He's just a kid he didn't ask for any of this, nor does he deserve it. I won't let him return to Deathstroke if it is the last thing I do.

  Silently, I exit the small cell, but don't lock the door behind me. He doesn't deserve to be a prisoner here. He doesn't need to be a prisoner any where. He didn't have a choice and now he will.

  I am going to see how he reacts to being let loose in the mountain. For there I will determine what to do. I nod to myself as I continue down the silent hallway of Mt Justice.

  I head to the zeta beams to begin protecting Gotham from the night.

  ()()()()() Time jump still Bman's POV)()()()()

  I scan the building as look down for any crimes. There as been an eerie silence this whole night, as if all the villains are scared to come out.

No Joker or Harley. No Poison Ivy. No Penguin. No Riddler or Catwoman. No Two Face! NO ONE!

What is going on? There's hardly been any small crimes either. They've all just disappeared.

I hear something scrape behind me and I whip around to see something lurking in the shadows. Out of the darkness steps a black and orange suit.

"I've come to collect what belongs to me, Bruce," he demands. He makes no move and it doesn't look like he attends to.

"That boy doesn't deserve this." I put my hand on my belt ready to pull a batarang at any moment.

"He's mine." Deathstroke growls. "I've fought long and hard both against him and for him. He belongs to me. You will return him."

"I won't."

"Then be ready for a war, Bruce." He falls back into the shadows.

I rush forward and shout," Is he really worth a war?"

"He's worth so much more," his chilling voice echoes around the building. Then he is gone. Never to be found, yet I will find a way. I will protect Robin.

()()()()()()()()()()()
Robin POV

I wake up alone once more. My face is stiff with the dried tears and my nose is clogged. I rub my eyes trying to loosen the skin as I sit up and let the sheets fall from my suit.

I'm still in my suit. My disgusting suit that belongs to ma- Deathstroke. I will no longer be scared of that name. He has not earned for me to be scared of that one word.

I stand up and walk to the lone sink. When a spur of light catches my eye. The big steel door that is holding me captive is cracked open. Slowly I creep towards it. Surely it's not supposed to be unlocked. I mean I am a criminal who just tried to kill THE BATMAN.

  I push gently against it and it glides further open. Is this an accident? Should I really go out? Will I get in trouble? Or perhaps this is a test?

  I fall away from the door and back to the cot. I know something is up and I don't want to risk it. I will just wait.

  I bet Batman is on the other side just waiting for me to come out so he can punish me. Well buddy that's not going to happen. I sit back down on the cot and cross my legs. I watch the door for the defeated face of Batman. Haha who won now!

Hours pass and now I am very skeptical. He should have taken the defeat by now. Dang this man is persistent, or I sure that's the case.

Slowly I stalk towards the door and gently push it further open. The hallway lays abandoned with no other life to be see. Oh wait there's a house plant!

I crawl forward and keep my eyes open. Batsy has to be here somewhere. I continue to the end of the hall where it opens up to a large room.

Green couches face a large tv and right behind the couches is a huge kitchen. I look around seeing no one. Am I really alone?

I stay quiet and listen for any sound. Nothing. I don't like this. Has something happened? Has Deathstroke come for me already? My blood runs cold.

I move into the kitchen and go towards the fridge. At the mere thought of food my stomach growls. Softly I pull it open and check behind me for any witnesses.

Row upon rows of food sit on the shelves. I search around and eventually find my needed supplies. Bread? Check. Ham? Check. Cheese? Check. Alright I have everything.

I pull out a stool as quiet as possible and sit down. I know I should be trying to escape, but what would I go back to. I have nothing. This seems like the best option for now. I only wonder how long this will truly be the best.