Chapter 1

Trixie entered the chat room again. Skype was where it was at. She'd met a couple of friends online through Tumblr, all of which ended up to be mutuals. The whole group idea started on other apps, before it finally coming down to the almost-dying Skype. One of her friends had suggested a video call and about all of them were into it.

Erik, the one who suggested the video call, was from Queens. He was the most normal out of the entire group but you could still have a good laugh with him.

Trixie herself, someone who liked to doll up even when she didn't plan on leaving her home. Stuck in Milwaukee, far away from her close friends.

Josh, a friendly guy with a strange addiction to pizza. He was from Houston, farther away from the rest than any other.

Morgan, the makeup artist. Her and Trixie could spend hours talking about makeup without ever getting tired of it. They'd always exchange makeup tips, or give each other item suggestions.

Last up was Katya from Boston, the last one to join the group. She and Trixie had an instant connection that surprised the majority of the rest. They were the ones to talk the most outside of the group chat. They'd occasionally call each other too but not as often.

Trixie's screen lit up again as more people joined the chat. Katya, she saw, then Erik. She noticed the rest was already there.

KatyaZamo: it's been a long day without you my friends

Erik: and I'll tell you all about it when I call you again....
.... in a minute

Trixie: you guys I can't wait another minute

KatyaZamo: impatient Barbie?

Before Trixie had any time to respond to that, a call was incoming and she answered. She was faced with Erik, Katya and actually herself for a moment before Josh and Morgan jumped in.

"Hello, guys, gals and everything in between." Erik started. We all smiled and got comfy in our seats. "So how was everyone's day even? I saw roadkill today and it was disgusting."

Katya looked at Erik with a face of disgust, as did Trixie. It was normal for Erik to talk about these things very casually.

"...okay. My turn. I bought new makeup!" Trixie started and Morgan instantly sat up. "I actually finally got Jeffree Star's new palette," she picked it up form her desk to show everyone. "But I don't wanna touch it or use it because it was so pricey.... and it's so beautiful..."

Morgan laughed. "You know, I know that feeling very well." She picked up her own palette. "I've barely used mine because I'm afraid to hit pan." She kissed it to add some drama and then put it back on her desk.

Josh and Erik sighed. "All this makeup shit. Can we talk about something cool?"

"This is cool." Morgan responded.

"What did you expect yourself to get into? 60% of us are girls." Trixie added, then realizing Katya had been silent the the whole call. It was very unlike her. She picked up her phone and texted Katya privately.

Katya noticed and picked up her own phone too.

[Trixie: are you okay? You're quiet]

[Katya: I want to cry, I wanna leave the call. Please]

"Ladies? Why are you texting?" Erik interrupted their texting session.

"Katya has somewhere to be but couldn't tell you. So she'll be leaving." I said calmly, trying to cover for Katya.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." She got a couple "it's okay"'s before dropping the call.

~

The call went on for about two more hours before Trixie decided to call it quits. It was 11pm for her and she wanted to walk  up early. She decided to still text Katya a little.

[Trixie: hey, I'm sorry. Are you feeling any better?]

She patiently waited as she got ready for bed. She put on some Dolly Parton songs as she removed her makeup and she heard her phone go off. It was Katya.

[Katya: a little. It's okay. Can we talk tomorrow?]

Trixie got a bit worried but replied.

[Katya: it's okay if not]

[Trixie: you know I'd fly my ass over to Boston if I have to]