Chapter 2

Jessie's POV.

So tired. So fucking tired. Tye and I stayed up way later than planned. We watched at least 3 movies last night before I knocked out, not even remembering what time I fell asleep. I can barley keep my eyes open as I wheel my bags into the airport with my dad. I would have done it on my own, but there was far too much to carry. I spot Carly when we are halfway up the escalator. Her eyes brighten and she waves excitedly when she notices me walking up to her and I wonder how anyone could possibly be so awake this early in the morning. She throws her arms around me when we reach her and I try to hug her back without dropping by bags... I fail.

"Oh my god, I am so fucking excited!" She squeals with one arm still over my shoulder. My dad clears his throat and she turns her body and notices him.

"Oh, sorry Mr. Woods, I didn't see you there!" she let's go of me and wraps her thin arms around his neck.

"Nice to see you again, Carly..." he says unenthusiastically when she lets go. Don't get me wrong, I love Carly, but she can be so annoying in the morning... well, anything can be annoying in the morning.

"I already checked my bags, I was just waiting here for you." She says.

"What time did you get here?" I ask.

"About an hour ago, I wanted to make sure I wasn't late." She admits. The thing about Carly, is that she gets paranoid really easily. Like, extremely paranoid when it comes to things like flying. It's not necessarily the actual flying part that she gets freaked out about, it's making sure she gets on the plane- hence, she comes two hours early.

"You realize our flight isn't until six, right?" I question. She nods her head and continues to type something into her phone. Who could she possibly be texting at five in the fucking morning? I shake my head and turn to face my dad.

"You can go now, I think I got it." I claim. He nods his head and kisses the top of mine, setting my bags down one the ground. I already said goodbye to everyone this morning, and I told him I didn't want to make a scene at the airport so he just says bye before disappearing down the escalator.

"Okay, so our flight boards at 6:00 so you should get your bags checked." Carly reminds me and grabs the bags my dad set down besides me.

"Wake up, Jessie." She orders.

"Jesus, Carly, how are you so awake right now?" I ask, attempting to rub the sleep out of my eyes. She begins to wheel my bags towards the line as she answers.

"I'm just so excited. I have been waiting for this all summer, no, all year actually." She claims. I'm excited too, but I got barely any sleep last night and it's so early.

"Well, most people need sleep to function this early." She smiles at my statement and we continue to walk to the end of the line- which surprisingly isn't very long, maybe ten people- and wait to drop them off.

"Well, it's a three and a half hour flight, I'm sure you can fit a nap in there somewhere."

***

After about ten minutes of waiting in line, we drop our bags off and make our way through security before stopping at Starbucks- no I am not a classic white girl, but Carly is.

"Two grande Chai tea lattes, please." She orders. Normally I would get a white chocolate mocha, but I can't sleep on caffeine. I wouldn't let Carly get anything with caffeine either, I don't need her naturally hyper self any louder than she already is.

"You better get some sleep on the plane, I need you refreshed for tonight." She smirks at me. I am starting to wake up a bit, but I'm still going to sleep. Wait, what?