Four Years Later...

I know what you're probably thinking. Oh my God, Simon, get over it. It's just an invitation. A fucking wedding invitation. Bram's wedding. We haven't spoken in four years, seven months, and six days. He didn't reply to my emails. I could have responded to his texts but I couldn't bring myself to do that. And then it had been weeks and replying that late felt wrong somehow. So yeah. Here I am holding a card that I got mailed to my house. I just got out of college. WOOP! I'm staying at my parents for a while. I don't have plans or a job but at least my mom is happy. Freaking psychiatrists.

"Hey, Si?" Leah asks me. She's sitting across from me at the end of my bed. "You okay?"

"Yeah, getting invited to the wedding of the guy I still love makes me REALLY happy." I say.

Leah looks down. "That's not what I mean, Si. Are you gonna go?"

"Are you?"

"Probably. But not if you don't want me to. If it's too weird or whatever," Leah says. She gets up and sets the invitation on my dresser and grabs a half empty box of oreos. Thats something I've changed about myself recently. Boxes of oreos are no longer half full, they are always half empty. 

I take on and twist it open and eat the insides first. Bram always thought that was weird but I think it's weird how he never at them my way. 

"Is Abby going? And Mina and Cassie?"

"Yeah, I talked to Abby this morning. Speaking of Abby, there's something I want your help with," Leah says, a smile spreading across her face. Her cheeks turn ready and suddenly I'm interested. 

"Leah? What are you thinking?" I poke her arm anxiously. 

"I'm gonna propose to Abby!"

"What?!" I"M SO HAPPY. HOLY. FUCK.

"I know!" Leah says. I lean over and kiss her cheek and hug her.

"That's fucking amazing! Why do you need my help?" It's not like I have any love advice. I haven't been in a real relationship since Bram. Cal and I hooked up once or twice but that died out years ago. 

"Because I'm not romantic."

"Neither am I, Leah," I say.

"Yes you are! At least more so than me." Leah gets up and paces, hands on her hips. "Okay, here's something. I could draw some pictures of us? I don't know."

"Oh my God, yes. Leah, your drawings are fucking amazing. Abby would love that," I say. I don't know if it's true though. If Bram proposed to me with drawings, I'd be over the freaking moon. But I'd be over the moon just about it being Bram. Abby and Leah feel that way about each other. I guess that's something crazy about love. It's not about people or place or who said what. It's about memories and actions and indescribable feelings. I miss that, being in love.