Simon and Cal Did What?

I'm so tired. I open my eyes. 

"Hey," It's Cal. I sit up, completely disoriented. 

"What?"

"What?"

"How did I get here?" I ask, looking around. He and I are back on the brown couch. 

"Si, are you okay?" Cal looked confused. I couldn't help myself from looking at his thing. Oh God. This isn't okay. 

"Um...how did I get here?"

"You walked here."

"When?"

"Last night. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Did we have sex?" I ask. Seriously...I'm sure we did. It would be weird if we used condoms and didn't have sex.

"No." Cal leans back into the couch. And I can't stop looking at him. He's gorgeous. I think I like him. Wait-this is it. I'm getting over Bram. Finally. 

"Why did I come over last night?"

"You were super drunk and you said that you wanted some meaningless sex and I was free so, but I said no because you were drunk..."

"Oh. So we aren't...like a thing?"

"Nope," he says. 

"I want to be a thing. Like with you," I say without even thinking. Oh God. Do I? I don't know. This is one of those moments where I'd call Bram. But I can't. Everything's different now, and not good different. "Be right back." I say. I quickly pick up my pants from the floor and throw them on. I can feel my phone still in the pocket. I rush to the kitchen and lean against the counter, head in hand. And then I call Nick. I need man-to-man advice. Preferably gay man-to-gay man advice but Nick's the best I have. 

"Hey," he says. I hear screaming and cheering in the background. "What's up?"

"What's going on? Who's screaming?"

"Garrett and Bram." He says. I have a feeling he doesn't know he and I broke up.

"Wait-Bram? Shouldn't he be at school in New York?"

"He's visiting this weekend. I assumed he was coming to visit you." Nick definitely doesn't know Bram and I broke up. I guess I have to be the one to tell him because Cute Bram Greenfeld aka the heartbreaker didn't bother to fill him in. 

"I doubt that. We broke up a while ago. Like a month."

"Oh my God. Guys, I'll be right back." I guess he's leaving the area with Bram and Garrett. I can still distantly hear their cheers. "Simon, I'm so sorry. Wow, that sounded sappy. But really, man, that sucks."

"Yeah...but that's part of why I called you. I think I like another guy but it feels too soon and it feels wrong and I feel guilty and...and...-" My voice breaks off. Fuck. 

"Si. Don't feel guilty. It's healthy to be moving on but don't move on until you're ready, okay?"

"I got all that and really, I'm trying. The thing is, I slept over at Cal's."

"Are you guys a thing? Like dating?"

"I don't know," I say. I hear footsteps. Shit, Cal's coming. "I have to go. Bye, Nick." I hang up.

"Who was that?" Cal asks.

"Nick."

"Haven't seen him a while. How's he doing?"

"Good," I say. 

Life is awkward sometimes.