Chapter 5

I DO NOT OWN BLUE EXORCIST OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS

~~~~~~

When I glanced up at his eyes, his irises were gold and filled with rage. I knew that when he gets in this mode it's almost impossible to snap him out of it. Unless its by a substantial amount of force.

With me currently in this form, theres no way I can stop him.

What am I going to do?

Rin's pov

'A-Amaimon?'  I thought staying completely frozen to avoid pain as he harshly held me by the scruff. I winced at the long, black nails sinking into my flesh.

"No one should disrespect Aniue or any of his possesions. Not even an animal," he spoke grimly.

My colbalt eyes widened in shock and betrayal. He shifted from loving to cruel so quickly, all due to one person. Unbelievable. Must be nice...having someone care so much for you. Having someone whose willing to sacrifice everything all for you.

My thoughts were interrupted when he tightened his hand painfully into my fur, drawing a long anguished mewl from my mouth. He frowned. What did he expect?! A freaking apology? From a cat?

I can't do anything about this! I have no powers in this form to defy him and fight back.

Goddammit!! Why is this happening to me? ...I guess it is kind of my fault for escaping out of the bath without drying off. But don't put an expensive rug in the middle of the walkway if you dont want it to get damaged. Jeez...

Although he can be a horrible person sometimes (most of the time), I know he would never hurt an animal after getting so attached to it. This must be that 'dark side' I suppose. All demons have it apparently. I faintly remember Mephisto educating me about demons and the culture of Gehenna. Since I had little knowledge about demon features and customs according to him.

I think somewhere along the lines he said, "Sometimes when demons have a sudden spike of emotion; usually worry, guilt, fright, or even lust", I remember that my cheeks burned at the last one and the clown smirked and continued, "a ferocious second conscience takes over and will do anything to protect the host. The demon's eyes will turn into a gold-ish pigment. If it gets really bad, the iris will change to more of a crimson shade,  but hopefully you won't have to  ever witness that."

After recalling that memory, I stared at his eyes. They're still golden, so maybe I can persuade him back to normal, since force isn't going to work. But why is he acting like this? Is he worried? Does he feel guilty? Frightened? I really doubt this is a feeling of lust causing this...

"Aniue's gonna be so pissed...", the earth king mumbled.

Huh?

Is that why? He's scared that Mephisto is going to blame and punish him for my mistake. Mephisto must be pretty damn scary in order to bring out this monster. Maybe I should try using my cat charm to try to stop him.

I meowed and brushed my nuzzle against his arm, trying to calm him down. I was extrememly nervous from the ominous aura the demon was radiating. I tried rubbing my cheek along his wrist several times but he remained furious. Well obviously cute acts of affection aren't going to oppose him, so what next?

Before I could think, Amaimon's dagger-like nails started to slowly lengthen, leaving tracks of blood through my fur. Ok, now I'm getting irked. This is freaking animal abuse, even a cold-blooded demon should care somewhat.