Chapter 2

I DO NOT OWN BLUE EXORCIST OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS

A-amaimon?! What's he doing here? Rin thought beginning to slowly crawl away. Amaimon shifted his head back and fourth around the room, looking for something.

"Hmm..where'd he go", he said, scatching his head with his long black nail. Before exiting, He noticed a black cat scooting carefully towards the door.

"Oh, a neko*...", he said crawling cautiously towards the animal. Rin mewed quietly and raced to the door, desparate to get out. He raked his claws furiously down the wooden door, leaving behind hideous marks. He heard some shuffling, indicating that the demon was getting closer. He felt Amaimon's presence even stronger now and dared to look up, only to see Amaimon hovering over his pitiful form.

"meww...", Rin pathetically whined. Before Rin could do anything else, he was scooped up into Amaimon's arms. His claws were fully sheathed and he was nearly about to lacerate his arm when he felt something scratch the back of his ear. He unconciously let out a loud, extensive purr.

"Do you like that neko-chan", he asked with his usual poker face. Rin jolted out of felicity, realising that he'd been purring...loudly. Refusing to submit to Amaimon, he thrashed trying to escape his grip. Amaimon growled at the cat's stubborness. Rin silenced after hearing Amaimon's threatening growl. Deciding to leave, Amaimon hopped out the window, cat in possesion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They reappeared in a bizarre room that Rin didnt recognize. Amaimon plopped onto an ugly pink striped couch. Seeing how he was so comfortable here, Rin guessed it was Amaimon's room. Amaimon pulled the black cat onto his lap and started stroking through his midnight fur. Rin squirmed around, trying to evade but no avail. Rin stared up at the earth demon's bored expression. Amaimon gazed down, taking note that the cat's sapphire eyes looked identical to Rin's. It's stubborn attitude was also similar to Rin.

"I think I'll call you Rin, assuming you're male", Amaimon said emotionlessly. Rin froze. Does he know it's me? he thought, peering up at the green-haired demon. Amaimon settled Rin to the side and stood up. Rin watched as he strolled to what looked like the kitchen.

Ok, here's my chance to escape! he thought happily. He strode to the ajar window and leaped onto the windowsill. He glanced down noticing they were on the fifth floor.

Dammit! what do I do n- he was cut off as his paw slipped and plummeted towards the ground.

Rin scrunched his face in fright and prepared for impact. He felt something warm and comfy wrap around him. Slowly unpeeling his eyes, he saw that Mephisto had caught him. While Rin stayed still, trying to comprehend what had happened, Mephisto started smirking mischievously. Rin finally snapped back to reality and flailed rapidly.

"Now, now Rin, this isn't how you should treat your savior"

Wait how does he-

"You should return back to Amaimon now, we certainly don't want him to throw a fit because his new pet is gone", he said placing Rin back inside.

But I-

Mephisto shut the window forcefully and poofed in a pink cloud. Thuds sounded about the room, indicating Amaimon was back. He placed a small platter on the floor and beckoned Rin closer. He padded up and smelled the aroma of warm milk. After taking a few whiffs, he shrugged and took a few laps. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

After finishing up the milk, Rin had become extremely tired. He was curled up in Amaimon's lap, too weary to fuss about it. Amaimon stroked repeatedly from Rin's head to all the way down his spine. Rin couldn't help but let out content purrs.

He cracked one eye open, only to see Amaimon smiling. Amaimon. Smiling. Rin was shocked to see the earth demon expose his emotions, especially happiness. Sleep finally undertaking him, he shut his eyes and went to the land of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~

*neko means cat in japanese