Chapter 3

I DO NOT OWN BLUE EXORCIST OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS

Sunlight leaked through the blinds onto the jade haired demon and his new pet. Amaimon was first to wake up. He glanced over at the digital clock realising it was 8:27. He groaned slightly and peered down at the snoozing cat. He stroked the bundle of cobalt fur while staring feebly at the ceiling.

He sighed in distress knowing that Mephisto would ignore him once again today.

I'll be bored once again.., Amaimon thought. He subconsciously pulled Rin up towards his chest and cuddled him lovingly. Amaimon didn't realise it, but he was actually very lonely. He had no one to play with; Mephisto was "busy" and Rin was no where to be found. He had always had a great admiration for his older brother, but Rin..Rin was a different story.

He always entertained Amaimon to no ends. Amaimon was always ecstatic when Mephisto granted permission to play with Rin. But whenever he play-fought with Rin, he would feel something strange beneath his ribcage. In his heart. It wasn't from excitement...no, this was something else. Amaimon doesn't understand what this feeling is.

Does Rin feel it too, maybe?, Amaimon asked himself. He felt something squirm against his biceps. Rin's eyes slitted open and glanced sluggishly around the room. Attempting to get up, Rin tumbled into Amaimon's sternum. Disoriented, Rin shook his head causing his fur to fluff up.

Amaimon quietly chuckled at Rin's cute clumsiness. The dark colored cat glared up at the earth demon.

He smells...sweet..like candy.., Rin thought pleasantly. He slightly nuzzed into the demon's maroon jacket, inhaling the aroma of strawberry lollipops. Amaimon caressed Rin's head gently, pleasing the dark feline.

 He carefully sat up pulling the bundle of midnight fur with him. Rin half-heartedly struggled knowing it would be no use. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After eating breakfast, Amaimon brought Rin up to the peak of the academy. It was reservered and peaceful. Rin had gotten pretty used to Amaimon by now. He reluctantly allowed himself to lay in his half-brother's lap. He soflty purred as the other demon stroked his head sweetly.

I guess I could get used to this, Rin thought sleepily as he slowly shut his eyes. His eyes suddenly snapped open.

Wait, what am I thinking?! This is Amaimon! My crazy half brother who tried to kill me, he thought, shaking his head.

Amaimon was confused by this action and asked with his usual blank face, "What is it? Are you hungry?"

As if on cue, Rin's stomach growled in response. Amaimon shuffled around, trying to get something out of his pocket. Rin took this chance to run away. He scampered along the pavement hoping Amaimon wasn't watching. Racing around the corner and jumping onto the roof tiles, Rin was now out of sight.

I feel bad for leaving him like that...wait, no I don't. It's Amaimon, why would I care about him in the first place? Screw him, he thought, glancing behind him.

Turning back to continue running, something snatched him up. He felt clothed hands wrap around his belly. He scrambled around only to go face to face with that damn clown.

W-what?! Mephisto again!? he said internally.

"My, my, what a naughty kitty you are, Rin, trying to run away again?", he teased.

B-but how does he know it's me?! he cried mentally.

"Ahh..Rin, there's so much you don't know, but that's okay. All you do need to know is that you should stay with Amaimon. His tantrums can cause so much destruction, so it's necessary that you should be by his side. He's quite lonely actually," Mephisto said walking back to where Amaimon was.

Amaimon was pacing around irritably, mumbling something inaudible. Mephisto placed Rin down a few meters away from the earth demon. The violet haired demon counted in german and poofed.

Rin mentally sighed, walking slowly towards Amaimon. Amaimon sensed his presence and sprinted to him. He slid onto his knees, scooped up Rin, and hugged him tightly to his chest.

Damn, he must be really lonely in order to give this much affection to a cat, Rin thought allowing the demon to hold him.

"Don't run away like that..," he whined childishly, starting to stand up. Rin purred in content when he started to rub behind his ears.

I guess I can stay a little longer like this, Rin thought closing his eyes.