The Murderer of Aarav Singh Raizada

.

.

.

"I never expected you to figure it out so fast" Akash said chuckling as he sat handcuffed to a chair.

"How could you?" Arnav whispered, "He was just 17!"

"He knew my secret! My other life as Harish Malhotra! I had no choice brother. Either I kill him or I drive him to suicide! But your boy was brilliant. He combined both of them!" Akash said and Khushi slapped him hard.

"He was your son!" she hissed.

"The son whom I never wanted!" he shouted, "Why? Why did he have to dig out the past? Everything was fine until he found out who I was and who he was to me! It's his fault. He shouldn't have done that!"

"You asshole!" Arnav cried and lunged forward to his so called brother when the police held him back.

"Calm down tiger" Akash chuckled.

"So you tortured him mentally and physically and that led the boy to kill himself but not before writing and posting some letters to make it seem that you have killed him!" inspector said.

Akash nodded and said "I was there....when he jumped"

Arnav and Khushi looked at him. Akash looked up to them and said, "He said he wanted to talk. And when I reached there he was digging something on the ground. We talked for a bit and then he was like "Wait until your crimes are out Mr. Raizada" and hit himself with a beer bottle! And then jumped!"

"And did you check what he was doing on the ground?" inspector asked.

Akash groaned and said, "That sick kid! He had a letter down there! And it said the last letter. I realized that he has actually written letters to bhai stating about me. I searched the whole house but....crap! He had it hidden in some not-reachable places!"

"Yeah right" Arnav scoffed, "He hid it in those places which can only be spotted by people who loves him!"

Akash chuckled and said, "If you had ever told him that you love him then he wouldn't have set off to find his real father, dear brother!"

Arnav looked away and inspector said, "ASR, he ought to be presented to the court. We have enough proofs – Aarav's letter!" he turned to Akash and said, "So there is a last letter! You took it away! Come on dude, tell me where it is!"

.

.

.

.

The inspector cleared his throat and read it aloud.

And here we are Mr. ASR

To the final show!

To the countdown!

I'm damn sure that you would never disappoint me. I know that you have dug up about Harish Malhotra.

Hope your Friday man Aman Mathur was able to draw the lines and join the dots between Harish Malhotra and one of your close family members.

Akash Singh Raizada!

His double life as Harish. How he became Aarav's father and then Aarav's torturer.

I'm damn sure that you never figured it out!

Now you would think that the murderer is revealed. But no ASR. He is not the one. Before you go pouncing on him, you need to know who I am.

ASR....no Dad....

It's me!

It was always me!

I killed myself dad. There is no murderer.

No, there is.

I killed myself but I did it because of many reasons.

I know, you love. Mamma loves me. I know that all. But the love you gave me was always less that the tortures I had to take due to your brother.

I wanted to talk. Talk and rant about my pain. But I had no one. Not you.....not mamma....All I had was my biological father who found his pleasure in torturing me.

So, ASR, for the final time, for the final letter...

Thanks for playing this game with me.

The quest for Aarav's murderer ends here!

I have few things to say before the final goodbye.

Make sure that law punishes Akash Singh Raizada.

I hate Akash Singh Raizada. But more than that, I hate the fact that you and your wife's love was no match to his hatred. I hate that I cannot take this anymore.

Mamma was the person who showers her unconditional love and be the kind angel she is. But you dad....you were my knight in shining armour. I was broke when Sheethal's true colours came revealing. I was devastated to know that I'm an orphan. But you came in like a superhero and swept me off my feet to a world I never imagined I could live in. From new shoes to new family, you gave a new life to me. I would have never coped up with mamma, Anjali bua and others if I hadn't had you by my side. I wouldn't have shared my tiffin with my friends if I hadn't seen you sharing pizza with NK chachu. I wouldn't have learnt karate if you hadn't beaten the hell out of those people who tried to harass mamma.

Mamma was my guardian angel, sweet princess, kind, god in disguise but you?

My basketball partner, my gardening champ, my knight in shining armour, my super hero.

My super dad.

But let me tell you this ASR.

You were never there for me dad! I know that you love me and care for me, but why couldn't you tell me that? Just one word dad, just one word or one pat on my shoulder could have made me feel better. Just one bear hug would have made me forget the pain he gave me. Just an assurance would have made me talk to you. I didn't want my mother's hug or her shoulder to cry dad. I just wanted my father's calm yet stern voice saying "It's ok champ. I'm here!"

Let the world blame Akash for driving Aarav to suicide.

But.

The real murderer of Aarav Singh Raizada is YOU.