High Up In The Air

Looking up at the stars, I tried to spot my late son. It was something Khushi and I believe. People who are dead appear as stars. They watch over us, they cry when we're in pain and smile when we're happy! In the dark cloudy sky, here I stand, trying to spot my Aarav.

High up in the air, in times of despair,

I strive to get you out of wear

The heat you cannot bear, the sweat you never care

There is no one you have as spare!

The puzzle was too much! Where could be the next letter?

Checking my Harvard degree and the crookedness people tagged me in, I should've cracked the mystery by now! But with my 17 year old son brutally murdered and my whole family living under terror, I cannot think rationally. When parents arrange their children's funeral and mourn over their death, god left me no choice to cry! I've no other option but to stay strong for my family and also find the mystery killer of my son!

But what does he/she want from me? Why write a letter? Why does the killer want me to hunt him down? Any murderer would wash their hands after leaving no traces to find them! But why is my son's killer eager for me to find him?

Why kill Aarav?

Aarav, out of all people in Raizada family?

One can target me, the rich businessman! Khushi, the beautiful wife of ASR and also owner of a famous dabba service with branches all over the country. Anjali, his elder sister, the renowned lawyer! Akash, hid cousin brother, vice CEO of AR! Payal, Akash's wife and also Khushi's elder sister, co owner of the dabba service.

But Aarav?

A mere 17 year old who had nothing in his mind but to crack his medical entrance examinations! The boy who used to live beneath the binds of his textbooks! The nerd who was popular – that was how Aarav was defined. The football team captain had his nerdy glasses giving him more looks and more onlookers a school boy should have!

Why would anyone kill him?

I can never show this letter to Khushi! She would be hysterical! The killer aimed at me! There was no mention of Khushi when he addressed the letter as ASR. He wants me to be in the game! And I'm gonna do this! ALONE!

High up in the air, in times of despair,

I strive to get you out of wear

The heat you cannot bear, the sweat you never care

There is no one you have as spare!

What the fuck does that mean? High up in the air? Oxygen???? You cannot hide a letter inside oxygen! So option ruled out!

Get you out of wear! The heat you cannot bear! Sweat you never care!

"Arnav ji!"

Turning to the room, I found Khushi closing the door of our bedroom behind her. Walking to the room from the poolside I asked, "How is Nani?"

"She is sleeping" she said and walked to the wardrobe. Taking out her nightgown she entered the washroom closing the door behind her.

Sitting on the bed, I was about to drift my thoughts to the letter when Khushi called out from the washroom.

"Suniye....we should go to sunshine orphanage tomorrow?"

"What for?" I asked.

"I want to donate Aarav's books and clothes to the children there" she said and opened the door. Walking to the bed in her pale pink night gown, she sat near me.

Nodding my head I looked at her. She looked very pale and ill! Her hair was not made and I don't think she noticed that her ever-perfect-hair looks like a bird's nest. Well, no one cares about it at the present situation. But the lack of life in her face made me run my fingers over the pale cheeks.

"How are you?" I heard myself ask in that soft voice I rarely use.

Forming her lips into a thin line, she laid her head on my shoulder. "I don't think anyone would be fine here Arnav ji!"

Letting out a soft hum I wrapped my arms around her petite figure. Letting herself out, she hugged me and cried her heart out, both of us sitting in the complete silence of our room.

"Why him? Who would kill my baby?" she sobbed.

"I don't know" I said honestly.

No one said anything after that. Her breaths were becoming even and she was relaxing as we slowly laid on our backs on the bed. Taking a deep breath, I ran my fingers on her hair. Although I hate to admit it but it doesn't feel good as it should be. Khushi needs a hair wash! Making a mental note, I untangled my fingers from her messy hair.

"It's too hot in here! I'm sweating" Khushi muttered, "Switch on the AC Arnav ji!"

Untangling her from me, I sat up and switched on the air conditioner. Adjusting the cooling level I looked at her. "Is this okay?" she nodded and I kept the remote back.

"So jao!" she whispered softly and pulled the duvet over herself.

She may have turned off the light but nothing registered in my mind. My eyes were just on the green light of the air conditioner of my room.

High up in the air, in times of despair,

I strive to get you out of wear

The heat you cannot bear, the sweat you never care

There is no one you have as spare!

Now I know where the second letter is!