The Ceremony

When the crack appeaed i went ballistic and said dad get over here! When he got here to other cracks had appeared and dad said saphira take Brom and the egg to his room okay saphira said so i climbed on to her back brced myself for the exhilarating moment when she took off when we landed in my room I thenked her and collapsed on my bed asleep.

When i woke up the egg was already halfway open so i get up and walk to the kitchen and grabbed a london broil to give to my dragon. When i got back i could see a paw so i sat on my bed and waited. Ten minutes later the dragon finally came out of the egg it was a magnifecent dark purple dragon. I wanted to hold it so i grabbed it but dropped it immeadiatley because it felt like i was shoving my hand into liquid nitrogen and passed out. When i woke up i was suprised to see the dragon sitting on my chest baring his fangs at me or something behind me. I turn around in time to see the dragon snatch up a rat the size of a werecat. Yes I have seen the werecats solomebum is now the king of the werecats. So anyway i fell a push deep in my conciusness and I ignore it. A letter finally appeared and I opened it ,it said

Dear Brom,

You are requested to come to the great hall and present yurself to the elders and the leader,me, Eragon

See you in 15 minutes

Sincerely

Eragon Shadeslayer Bromsson.

15 minutes later I was racing dow the hall trying to only be a little late but with the extra weight of the purple dragon I ended up 7 minutes late. When I opened the hunormous oak doors in front of me there were 13 marble and leather chairs and behind them stood the dragons. Each dragon was a different color the farthest to the left was a gold dragon,then a deep blood red and i recongized him as thorn,then a brown,then a dark purple,then a emerald green,then a pink dragon, then a orange,there in the middle stood saphira tall and noble,then a neon green,then a black,then a white,then a grey as grey as the beors,a silver one,and finally a blue as blue as the sky.

"You are late" my fathers voice boomed through the cavern and I jumped at it then I said "I am sorry, father" "you should be" he said.

"What have you named him" father said. My mind raced as I thought of a name first I thought of how dad's dragon is saphira and how her scales are the color of sphires and i thought amethyst so I siad "Amethysteo".

"Interesting choice, I think I get the concept but please, explain for the other elders.

"Ok" I say. "Well first I thought of my fatheres dragon Saphira and how her scales are the color of saphires and how my dragon's scales are the color of amethyst hence giving you the name Amethysteo.

"Well who will claim him".

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. 8 riders! Each rider made a speech even my dad.  Authors note really quick will use color of dragon for rider. They werte all good but one rider caught my eye he said his name is Jake and his dragons name is Valdr I looked behing Jake and saw a big silver dargon. "If you pick me I will train you to the best of my ability and you will be one of the best riders in algaisea". "Have you decided  decided" fathers voice boomed through the cavern. "Yes I have, sorry father but I pick Jake and Valdr. Everybody started clapping and when i looked at Jake His face had a huge smile as big as the beors.

Well that is the end of chapter 2 well may your swords stay sharp

XDforge2004