Two Years Later

Two Years Later

    Brom's POV: It has been two years since the Nico incident and so far nothing horrible has happened. Actually some really good things have happened. Nico became a Rider in full 4 months ago. Amythysteo and I will graduate in another 3 months. Nico and a few other Riders were sent back to Alagaesia to see if all the alliances between the races were stable and steady. Last time he scryed me, he was in Duweldenvarden. He told me that Rhunon found a new supply of Brightsteel, enough to make over 1000 swords! Both Nico's and I's swords are from before 'The Fall'. His was from a long dead Rider named Marik and mine was from a rider named Lillith. 

    Queen Arya shall be visiting in a fortnight. Everyone is preparing for her arrival, since she is the queen of one of the four main races in Alagaesia. I am not worried because of that, I think Rider Island is in tip-top shape, except for the random burnt building from the drunk dragons (For shame Saphira!) I am worried because I rarely see my mother and I want her to see me as a good Rider and a proud warrior. Amythysteo is not worried, She constantly sees her parents, but I only see one of them, and it is Eragon, and it is always because I am being reprimanded for putting to little care in my magic work.

    I do not understand why I am always getting in trouble for not practicing my magic, I am one of the strongest spellcasters in the whole of the Riders. I could summon the essence of my ring since I was 11 years old, it took dad until he was 17. Something I think I should get in trouble for, is for being able to observe all the different lifeforms in the area, I mostly wall my self off to only Nico, Jake, Valdr, Eragon, Firnen, Arya, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, and Amythysteo. I just couldn't do it, it felt extremely strange to see all the sparks of life in my inner eye, and then feeling some of them, disappear, I could feel their agony, and I despised it. But Jake, Valdr, Eragon, Arya, Amythysteo (How would he know??), and Glaedr insisted that it was necessary.

    I threw myself onto my bed, exhausted after all my thoughts. A young apprentice, he couldn't have been more than 9 knocked on the door. Inwardly I groaned, I had to do something, otherwise the person wouldn't have knocked. I flicked my fingers and the door opened. The boy tentatively stepped forward and said, "Sir, you are requested to present yourself in front of the Council Of Elders to discuss..." He looked down at his paper and then looked back, "your upcoming graduation." I quickly stood up. I rarely had to be in the presence of the whole Council Of Elders, since they are constantly away.

    I sent the boy away and quickly got dressed in a soft tunic and some dark green leggings. Afterwards I pondered should I call for Amythysteo, thne quickly threw the idea away. I ran all the way to the chamber where the meeting would take place and stopped and knocked. I could hear a faint voice saying, "Enter."

    I opened the door slowly and took small deliberate steps towards the small chair I would have to sit in. Once I got to the dais I bent down on one knee and said quietly, "My lords." I heard Murtagh say, "Rise Brom, and sit, we have much to discuss." It is strange, my father once described Murtagh as a fierce warrior who followed no one on his own free will. But the Murtagh I know is a loyal Rider who listens and does to the letter, what Eragon commands of him. But Thorn is a different story, in a way, he reminds me of Saphira, but in other ways, he doesn't. For example, while Saphira would die for Eragon, Thorn once said to me, "I will die for Murtagh if no repercussions, but if the need comes, I would leave Murtagh to die if it meant the good of Alagaesia." That shocked me to my very core and I now wondered which parent Amythysteo would take after. 

    I sat down and immediately Jake got right to the point. "You're graduation is coming up soon, as you know, and there are many problems we must face. For one, when any Rider is.... knighted , he chose the worded knighted carefully, he is gifted with his Rider Sword, but since you already have it, we would like for you to give it to us to be knighted." My first urge was to say yes. but then I thought, why can't Eragon knight me with Brisingr while I wear Arvindr? I boldly said, "No." Jake said with a tense voice, "Fine, Brom." But what you have to do is fly out with me and Valdr to get your purple scale armor for yourself and armor for Amythysteo so you can wear it at the ceremony. 

    That I could do, I always thought the scale armor looked cool and it will looked really cool with my purple dragon next to me and my purple sword at my hip. I was desperate to ask Rhunon about her prediction, so this was just the opportunity. "Yes, that I agree on, but when will I depart?" Eragon answered this time, "You will depart in the next month." I eagerly agreed, already ready for the next month to be here. "That is all," rumbled Koreeshi. I walked back to the door and opened it, eager for the next month to come.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this little chapter, kind of a filler, I know, but next chapter will be more exciting, may your swords stay sharp :D

     -Greek_Fanboy