Strawberry Kit Kat (13) - END

It takes Taeyeon quite a while to recover from the shock and finally open her mouth.

"W-what..." she swallows, wetting her dry throat, "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't Sooyoung tell you? I'm responsible for the decoration," replies Tiffany who then bursts out laughing. "I'm sorry. This is the last surprise, I promise." She takes a step forward, closer to the immobile Taeyeon, and takes in the sight slowly from Taeyeon's toes to the top of her head. She marvels at how well the dress shows Taeyeon's lean curves, letting her eyes linger on her exposed milky white shoulders before tracing up her neck, her distinct jawline and all the way to her long cascading hair. "Wow," she says. "You look... Wow..."

The look of adoration in Tiffany's eyes is enough to send shivers down Taeyeon's body, making her feel so shy that she has to look away and prays that she's not turning red all over.

It's different from the stares she got just now. This one makes her feel like she's more than just a pretty face, admired for her appearance. It's as if Tiffany can see through all that and still likes what she sees.

Taeyeon can't remember the last time someone managed to make her feel like this.

She feels bare under the stare; vulnerable yet she can't deny that at the same time, she feels loved. Yes, it's not ideal and they still lack that commitment but she knows that feeling, she can't mistake that warmth and joy coursing through her every vein.

Then there's a soft touch on her hand as her warm palm meets Tiffany's and her fingers move to clasp around Tiffany's hand by reflex as she bashfully tries to look at her.

"You look..." She lets her eyes do what Tiffany's did, taking in the woman before her from top to toe and she can't stop herself from letting out a tiny gasp, thanking the dress for accentuating every feature she loves so wonderfully. Her other hand unconsciously clenches around the champagne glass she's holding at the sight of Tiffany's shoulders and collarbones. "Breathtakingly beautiful," she says, eyes still trying to take in every contour of Tiffany's face, loving the way Tiffany's hair has been swept to one side, resting lightly on her shoulder.

"Thank you," says Tiffany, smiling. She always loves the way Taeyeon looks at her. Never lustful but always passionate and gentle. She doesn't know what she has done to deserve such affection from someone she considers more worthy to be on the receiving end of it. "I can't believe that we're wearing pretty much the same color," she comments on the beige dresses they're wearing.

"Yeah. I would've expected you to wear a pink dress."

Tiffany only chuckles.

"No more surprises, please? You almost gave me a heart attack," Taeyeon says.

Tiffany laughs at that. "I heard that someone's been sulking since yesterday," she teases, taking the glass from Taeyeon to set it down on a nearby table.

"That's because someone lied to me," retorts Taeyeon, pouting. "So you're spending Christmas here?"

"I'm spending the rest of the year here."

"What? Really? That's quite a long leave. Yamada-san didn't mind?"

"No but can we not talk about work right now? I promise I'll explain everything to you later."

Taeyeon opens her mouth to respond but there's a knock from the door followed by her friend's voice.

"Hey, dinner's ready," Sunny says. "Whoo... looking good, Taenggoo! Wait. Are you two wearing couple dresses or something?"