Strawberry Kit Kat (12)

Começar do início

"I'm doing nothing, really. You can read our chats. It's just normal friends talk like what we have in our chat room," Taeyeon says.

"Ooh! Are you giving us access to your chat with Tiffany? Are you sure they're free from cheesy flirting?" Sunny raises her eyebrows playfully at her friend.

"Of course! But I should respect her privacy. I'm okay with you reading our chat but she might not be." Taeyeon sips her drink and puts her hand over her phone, guarding it just in case one of her friends decides to steal it.

Sunny snorts. "Yeah right. Just friends my foot."

—-

Taeyeon walks out of the subway station with her eyes glued to her phone. Her thumbs move efficiently over the screen, typing replies after replies, ignoring the numbing cold.

"So where are you now?" reads Tiffany's latest message.

"Just walked out of the station. You?" replies Taeyeon.

"I'm home. Finally."

"Long day, huh?"

"Yeah. Had to work overtime. All this rush before the holidays... exhausting."

"Aw... I feel you. Hang in there."

"Thanks. I'm okay. What's your plan this weekend?"

"Just lunch with the girls as usual. By the way, Yuri is throwing a Christmas party. A proper formal party that's totally not her type."

"What kind of party is her type then?"

"A loud, all over the place, club-themed party."

"Ah then this should be a nice change."

"Yeah. Can't wait to see her acting all elegant. I should start a bet. See how long she stays that way before her kkab self reappears."

"You should worry about yourself. I bet you have to dress formally as well."

"I've thought of that and all I can say is... Damn!"

Tiffany sends laughing emoticons that make Taeyeon smile.

"I wish I could see you in a classy dress," says Tiffany.

"You might be able to. Yul has told me to invite you as well."

"Oh really? That's nice of her. I'll think about it. When's the exact date?"

"Saturday the 20th. You can fly here in the morning and still have plenty of time to get ready."

"Hm... I'll check my schedule. Let's hope there's no sudden deadline by then."

Taeyeon smiles at the thought of seeing Tiffany again.

They have indeed been keeping in touch intensively since she left Japan last summer and she understands why it might have looked like they're dating, especially to outsiders, because she, too, sometimes feels like they are pushing the boundaries of friendship.

She knows it's unavoidable because of the honest talk they had about how they feel towards each other but she doesn't mind.

She likes how they keep growing closer and totally loves it when they get to see each other. It's not ideal but she happily takes what she can get.

The only thing that she makes sure they stay clear off is kissing. She deems it as something she should only do with someone she's dating or going to date so she always makes sure that they don't go there – although sometimes she'd notice Tiffany staring at her lips when they happen to stand or sit close to each other. So they've only held hands and hugged each other so far.