Strawberry Kit Kat (10)

Depuis le début

Then she quickly goes to the taxi stand, relieved to see barely any line, and sends Taeyeon another message as she stops to queue. "How 'bout you? Are you at work?"

"I'm still at home. Worked overtime last night so I told Yeonho oppa that I'm gonna be late today," replies Taeyeon.

"Ah I see."

"Ahgassi!" she hears someone call out and looks up to see an empty cab waiting for her.

Tiffany grabs her carry-on handle and half-runs towards the car.

She tells the driver her apartment address and leans back, exhaling in relief.

There's no more reply from Taeyeon so she assumes that either she has gone back to sleep or is getting ready to go to work.

Either way, it will be easy for Tiffany to surprise Taeyeon. She knows her address thanks to the Kit Kats she sent her and she knows where she works.

She can barely keep her face straight during the entire drive to her apartment.

Her lips keep twitching into a smile that she hides by looking out the window or by pretending to check her phone.

Even the ahjussi driving the taxi notices it.

"You are Korean, right?" he asks, glancing at her from the rearview mirror.

"Yes, I am."

"Ah. So you're coming home, huh?"

She takes a deep breath. "Yes."

"No wonder you look so happy. There is no place like home."

She only smiles at him politely before looking out the window once more.

Home. Can this be my home again?

That she doesn't know. Her only plan is to see Taeyeon and to tell her how she feels.

Ever since that drunken confession she knows Taeyeon doesn't remember, her mind can't stop thinking about the words she heard or said.

They love each other and Taeyeon is clearly missing Tiffany as much as Tiffany misses Taeyeon.

And after all that Taeyeon's done for her, she thinks that she deserves to know. They'll just have to figure out what comes next, together.

The drive takes longer than expected thanks to traffic and by the time she arrives at her building, she feels so anxious that she literally tumbles out of the taxi in haste, thanks the ahjussi without waiting for her change and drags her luggage up to her apartment.

She takes the fastest shower she has ever taken in history and pulls out the clothes that she has prepared from the moment she started packing yesterday.

She's in the middle of drying her hair when her phone beeps. It's another message from Taeyeon.

"Hey, where are you? Still home?"

"Yup."

"Oh okay. You're as lazy as I am now."

She turns the hair dryer off so she can type with both hands. "I know. You're bad influence."

"Thanks. Can you open the door please?"

She frowns. "What?"

"Open the door."

"Err... why?"

"Just do it."

"Not until you tell me why."

"You don't trust me?"

"No."

"There. Did you hear the doorbell?"