Strawberry Kit Kat (2)

Start from the beginning

"Yes," replies Taeyeon, grinning. "And since you've worked very hard today. I'm even adding a bonus." She takes out another package but in green. "My favorite. Give it a try."

"Thank you."

"See ya." Taeyeon waves goodbye and starts walking away, hiding her face. It's been the highlight of her days so far, seeing the amused smile on Tiffany's face and the twinkle in her eyes when she gives her the strawberry Kit Kat. To her, it's the perfect way to end each tiring day at work.

Her steps are light and she's no longer feeling sleepy. Her smile grows and it stays on her face until she reaches the hotel.

"Well someone's looking happy. I was expecting a whining sulking exhausted Taenggoo tonight," remarks Sunny when she comes out of the bathroom to see her roommate smiling at her phone screen. She tries to take a peek over Taeyeon's shoulder. "Message from Tiffany?"

"Yah! Nosy much?" Taeyeon quickly shields her phone screen with one hand, moving away from Sunny.

"What did she say?"

"None of your business." She swiftly locks her phone and puts it on the bedside table. "I'm going to take a shower," she tells her best friend.

"I'm going to crack your phone password," replies Sunny cheekily.

Taeyeon quickly makes a U-turn and grabs the device, taking it with her to the bathroom.

"I was just kidding!"

"I don't care. It's better to be safe."

"So your password is an easy one, huh?" Sunny grins and shakes her head when the bathroom door closes without a single reply from Taeyeon. "Kim Taenggoo's Japan love story. Who knew?"

—-

The dreaded day finally arrives and Taeyeon has been moody since yesterday. Sunny tries to be the understanding best friend and stays clear of her even though she wants nothing but to slap the back of her head.

It's Taeyeon's last day working in Japan. Tomorrow, she and Sunny will board the plane back to Korea.

She arrives at the office with a mix of emotions. On the one hand, it will be great to go home but on the other hand...

She looks at the empty desk next to hers and sighs.

No more Tiffany.

It only took her less than a day to figure out that she likes having Tiffany around. Now she's pretty sure that she has entered the 'having a crush' phase, judging by how much she dreads leaving.

Sunny would disagree, of course. According to her, Taeyeon has had a crush on Tiffany since their fateful meeting at that train platform.

With another dejected sigh, she pulls out her chair, places her bag and jacket on it and is about to go to the pantry to get a drink when she hears, "What's with all the sighing?"

Taeyeon turns around to see Tiffany putting her bag and jacket on her own desk.

"It's too early for a meeting," says Taeyeon, hiding her real reason.

"I know right? I don't like morning meetings either." Tiffany switches her computer on. "I'm gonna get some coffee. Do you want something to drink?"

"Yeah."

Taeyeon follows Tiffany to the pantry, greeting other employees on the way there, and makes herself a cup of tea.

They don't talk much. The atmosphere in the quiet pantry is awkward as both silently wish that it wasn't the last day they'd be working together.