CHAPTER 37

Elle's POV

It was already bed time when someone knock on our door.

"Serena?"

"Elle, I have something important to ask you, please, please listen to me."

"Drama won't work on me twice Serena. You may leave."

"No, please Elle, please." Serena then knelt down

I had no choice but to let her in and listen to what she's going to tell me.

"I would like to apologize. I am so sorry Elle. I am so sorry for being a bitch to you. I am sorry for complicating your life. I am so really, sincerely sorry. I am just a desperate twin who would do anything to extend my brother's life."

I was shocked. Ano bang pinagsasasabi nitong si Serena?

"My brother had cancer. He battled for 2 years striving hard to live because he wants to see you again. It was just some months that he recovered. When he met you again never wanted to leave you and the kids. He was so ready to fight for his life. It's just that the effects of cancer is punishing him too much and he was giving up." Serena cried

"Elle, please talk to him. Please ask him to live longer. Please Elle. He won't take any medications. He said it was his fault that your children grew up without a father. It was his fault you've been too broken. He's taking it all. "

"If you find it in your heart to forgive him, please read these. And I want you to know that he wasn't fighting any more. He stop the battle punishing himself."

Hindi ako nakasagot pa. He is sick that's why he looks so pale, thin and old.

"Please have mercy in your heart towards my brother." She said and then she placed a box in my lap

"What's this?"

"His undying love for you. May this help you decide."

Serena left. I was feeling the heavy flow of emotion Serena left on me.

I slept holding the box. Mahigit 24 hours na ang kahon sa hita ko, para itong isang mabigat na bagay na hindi ko maalis alis. Good thing my kids were at my parents house last night.

When the kids came home, I needed to keep the box. Pero kahit anong layo ko na sa kahong iyon, hindi mawala sa akin ang kagustuhang mabuksan iyon. Pero natatakot ako. Takot na takot akong may malaman. It may heal nor destroy me.

I tuck my kids to bed.

I took a deep breath and take a peep on what's inside the box.

Nang buksan ko ang kahon, I saw several letters with different sizes and papers. I got one from the bottom and read the letter.

Seb's letter

March 19, 20x1
Dearest Jacquelle,

I woke up in the morning in this white room. They told me, I had a cardiac arrest last night and I was in coma for a week. I hardly believe it. I was looking for you. When I did not found you, I became so sad. So my nightmares were true. You already left me.
I dreamt of you leaving our room and it pained me so much you have not even talked me. You left me on my sleep. And your love for me is not enough to let me explain.

I am sorry, I am still weak today but I am hoping to send you this letter. When this reaches you, please contact me.

Mahal, I am so sad that my body and soul were breaking. Please let me have a chance to talk to you.