Beginning

I was on my way back to the Slytherin common room from herbology when I was stopped short by none other than my so called brother. He's younger but that doesn't stop him from being rude to me all the time. Everyone thinks he's so perfect and nice and is treated rudely at home.

But is that really the case or the story everyone has heard. In reality I'm the one always doing the chores I just let him take half the credit. I tried to walk around him but he caught my arm. He shoved a paper into my bag and let go before walking away. Did I mention were in third year? No? Well we are!  I sighed when we was out of sight and continued my way.

I made it to the portrait and muttured the password. Why did the sorting hat put me in this house. Oh right! It seemed like yesterday he did it.

*Sorting!*

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!" 

The hat said. I didn't know what to do so I just clapped with the rest of the students. I had stood there for what seemed like for ever when my brother's name was called. Whispers broke out like a wild fire.

I caught a few. "He's the one who defeated HIM right?"

"Hes actually here!"

"Harry Potter?!"

It took seven minutes for my brother to be sorted and he ended up in Gryffindor. Slytherin looked upset from what I could see but Gryffindor was estatic. Mcgonagall called me as everyone was busy talking about harry and I sat upon the stool. She set the hat on my head and it covered my eyes.

"Ahh.... Another Potter eh. But nothing of her brother.
Aslo difficult. You'd fit in any house with your traits but Gryffindor is knocked off the chart." A voice said in my head making me jump a little.

"Do you mind if I look a little deeper into your head you have blocked a lot off?" The voice said.

I nodded and unlocked my memories for the hat to see.
"Hmm...now this Slim's down the houses only hufflepuff and Slytherin..." The hat trailed off.

"You may be smart dear but not talkful so don't worry about your grades.. hmm I've decided but I want to make sure it's ok with you really. I've chosen Slytherin but let me explain. Hufflepuff will only drag you down. You need to become more confident and show the true colors your hiding right now. Slytherin will help you with that so if you feel like Hufflepuff will still help you I'll put you there." The hat explained.

I thought for a moment and nodded. The hat yelled out "Slytherin!" And the table clapped. Mcgonagall took the hat off and I rushed in Slytherins direction. Once I was seated I felt a sharp glare on me. I glanced over and saw it was harry. Uh oh...

*Present*

I slipped inside the common room and ran up the stairs quickly trying to be unseen by him. My red hair flew behind me and I slipped into my bedroom before locking the door. You see I have a dorm to myself this year since both roommates went to beauxbatons this year. I've been getting letters from them and durmstrang but I don't know.

I set my bag on my desk and sat down in my chair. I opened the bag and got my books and notes out. I set them in one side and my parchment and ink aswell as quill on the other. Before I began homework I took Harry's note out. I read it over and sighed once more.

*Note*

I need you to do my homework for potions. You know how Snape gets when I don't do it. Also if you don't I'm sure Malfoy will love to know where your hiding place is.

  -harry

I rolled my eyes and decided to do my homework first. I finished within two hours and started on Harry's. I finished his in thrity minutes. I put the homework in the correct books and put the books in my bag. I put the lid on my ink and put it and the quill in the front pocket. I hung it on he back of my chair and changed my clothes. I put a Slytherin quidditch shirt on and black shorts before slipping my hightoos on. I put my hair in a bun and grabbed my glasses.

I slipped them on over my brown eyes and left my dorm, dinner begins in a few. I walked down the steps and slipped into the crowd leaving Harry's homework in my pocket. We made our way up the stairs and twords the great Hall. We walked in and Gryffindor was already there harry in his usal spot. I walked down the aisle and slip him his homework as I walk. I sit at the end of the table keeping my head down in case Draco saw me.

I don't know what it is but he's obssed with me. I admit I liked him a little in first year but now I like someone else. Their in Gryffindor that's all I'm saying. Luckily he didn't see me as he came in but he looked around for a little while before sitting down on the complete opposite side of the table.