Grinny; the sequel?

Marcy and Faida sit on opposite sides of the couch watching TV. Jekyll comes in to the living room with tired eyes as before.

FAIDA: Doctor dude in the basement is killing cats.

JEKYLL: WHAT.

FAIDA: Yep. Heard the cats crying last night.

JEKYLL: WHY HAVEN'T YOU GONE DOWN THERE?

FAIDA: I don't care enough about dumb animals to do that.

JEKYLL: (She rushes to the kitchen to head downstairs.) Baxter!

BAXTER: (He opens his door and he's wearing his plague doctor mask and robes.) Yes?

JEKYLL: (Frantically) What're you doing?

BAXTER: (He opens his robe slightly and pulls out a very light orange, male kitten.) I made you a gift.

JEKYLL: Wha... What? (She pauses for a moment before she gently takes the kitten and cradles it in her arms.)

BAXTER: Watch. (He holds his sleeve over above the kitten, and it tries to grasp at it, before turning into a small baby neko of about one year old.) I modified it.

JEKYLL: (She thinks of Grinny the second she sees its small orange ears and tail, and a tear comes to her eye.) Baxter... This is...

BAXTER: If its too much responsibility I can take it back. I'm sorry.

JEKYLL: No! No Baxter this... This is the best gift I've ever gotten. (She hugs him, careful not to hurt the baby.) Thank you... I'm speechless...

BAXTER: (He smiles as he hugs her back.) And thank you for being so kind to me.

KITTEN: (It shifts back into a cat and nuzzles into Jekyll, purring loud as it closes its eyes.)

JEKYLL: Does he have a name?

BAXTER: I want you to name him. He's yours.

JEKYLL: ... персик... Persik.

BAXTER: !!! Peach?! Jekyll- how come you haven't told me you speak Russian?

JEKYLL: I've only started to learn for you. I remember not speaking English very well a long time ago... It feels daunting when nobody else speaks your language. You feel out of place. And I want you to feel at home here, like everyone else. And... I think Peach suits him...

BAXTER: You're... far too kind to me.

PERSIK: (He grips Jekyll's clothes with his paw as he falls asleep in her arms.)

Upstairs, Faida and Marcy still sit on opposite ends of the couch.

MARCY: (She stretches out her legs to put her cold feet on Faida's shoulder with a knowing smirk.)

FAIDA: (She glares and shoves her feet off.) Knock it off.

MARCY: Nyehhh. (She sticks out her tongue.)

Lucien walks out of his office and comes up behind the couch, leaning on the back of it.

LUCIEN: Oh, who's this?

FAIDA: (Doesn't look away from the T.V.) Hit on her and you die.

LUCIEN: Wow Alright.

MARCY: (She looks behind her at Lucien.) Oh! Nice to meet you sir. I'm Marcy!

LUCIEN: Pleasures all mine darl- (He looks at Faida) Marcy...

FAIDA: Dude sleeps with anything that moves. Ignore the drunk bastard.

LUCIEN: I've got standards.

FAIDA: Do you? Want me to mention Gri- (Lucien covers her mouth.) No.

FAIDA: (Bites him.)

LUCIEN: Fu-.... I could kill you, you know.

FAIDA: PLEASE It'd alleviate the boredom.

MARCY: (She giggles.)

LUCIEN: Where's Jekyll?

FAIDA: Don't care.

MARCY: Oh! Downstairs.

LUCIEN: Oh. (He chews his lip, feeling a little jealous.)

FAIDA: So go harass her instead of us.

LUCIEN: (He goes to head downstairs, but instead finds Jekyll in the kitchen, sitting at the table with Persik in her arms.) What... is that?

JEKYLL: My baby. (She gently tickles Persik's belly, getting a laugh from the little Neko.)

LUCIEN: Where'd you get it?

JEKYLL: (She smiles.) Baxter created him for me. I guess he couldn't decide between a child or a pet, so he sorta gave me a mix of both.

LUCIEN: (He sits next to her and leans forward to look at the neko.) Heh. Reminds me of Grinny.

JEKYLL: I know... doesn't he? If he had black hair and black cat ears...

LUCIEN: (He gently plays with the neko's tail.) And a black tail.

PERSIK: (Wiggles his tail free.)

LUCIEN: He's cute.

JEKYLL: His name is Persik. (She looks up at Lucien.) Lucien... I'm so happy. It's like I have a child of my own again. Like ... her...

LUCIEN: Yeah! I'm sure that's... great. (He stands up.) Well Jek, I'll see you later.

JEKYLL: Mhm, you too Lucien. Take care of yourself, okay?

LUCIEN: Sure sure.

Lucien heads back to his office and pulls out a 40 oz of alcohol from his desk.