II

Dreams. They're one of the most amazing things that you can ever experience. When you're asleep, anything is possible. You can be whoever you want to be, and you can do whatever you want to do. Dreams showcase all the wishes that you've made, and make them real... well sort of. When you're stuck in this magical state of being, the world seems like a better place. It feels like how it should be, not what it actually is. When you dream, everything is at peace. This is one thing that everyone has in common; none of us want to leave the beautiful dreamland that helps us to escape reality. Dreams are one of the most fantastical a person can experience because they can transform even the lowest commoner into a Princess or a King.
When I dream, all I can ever imagine is the time and chance that Joffery and I can finally be together. It may not be what most would consider a good dream... but it's my dream.

"Lady Starling, it's time to get up now."  I heard someone say as I buried my face further into the plush fabric of the pillow beneath my head. "I don't want to get up." I mumbled into my pillow, followed by a very unlady like groan. I don't want to awaken from this beautiful paradise that we call dreaming. I was once again having a wonderful dream about Joffrey and I, and if anything, I'd rather stay there for the rest of my life than anywhere else. My maids didn't give up though, to my dismay I was roughly shaken from my partial slumber by their aggravating persistence. I didn't want to get out of the warm comfort of my bed, but it seems as if I had to. "Alright, alright!"  I said grouchily as I swatted their arms away from me. As I finally sat up I spoke through a wide and tired yawn "I'm awake. I'm getting up." I huffed angrly soon after, causing a piece of my hair to fly up and fall onto my face.

As I got out of bed, I quickly stretched my arms before sitting down in front of my vanity "What should I wear today?"  I asked with furrowed brows before quickly glancing at my ladies maid, Brulisa. Biting the inside of my cheeks in thought, I quickly turned my head back around before running a comb through the tangled mess that I call my hair in the morning. "Well, I took out the lilac dress that Prince Joffrey likes." she said with a small and mischievous smile creeping onto her face. As those words fell from her lips the grip on my comb seemed to loosen, causing it to fall directly onto to ground as my jaw fell slack. To say the least, I was shocked.

Turning to the young brunette girl, I asked with a more than perplexed tone to my voice "What?" but all she did was giggle along with my other maid, Hazel. "Oh, come on now, my lady. We've all seen the way you two look at each other," Hazel said, "it's quite romantic." Her words caused a scoff to escape my lips as I picked my comb up from the floor. "Hazel-"  I started before being cut off by Brulisa, "But especially the way he looks at you wearing this dress." 
I can't believe this. Standing up, I faced them with my hands placed on my hips, and brows furrowed in slight anger "Lets just put the dress on, okay? Is that too much to ask?"  There was no point in arguing with them, not that they were right or anthing. So I just changed the subject. To my utter delight, they obliged.

After Brulisa finished with my hair and make up, and Hazel with my dress, I stood in front of my full length mirror. My curly black hair flowed down to my waist with one piece that was pinned up from the side of my head. My makeup was quite simple though, consisting only of a blush pink gloss upon my lips. Looking down at my dress, all I could say was that it was beautiful. The soft lilac fabric flowed gentally to the floor, and softly flowed out. The bodice made me have the perfect sinched waist, and the sleeves were a transparent pink colour of fabric that hugged my arms until just below my elbows. The dress was light and beautiful. Over all, I was stunned to see my apperence.

I was so caught up in my apperence, I slightly jumped when someone heartily knocked on the door. I turned to Hazel and curtly nodded at her, confirming for her that it was okay to open the door. As the door was pulled aside, I saw the handsome face and tall frame of my older brother, Larcen. He was quite different than me, apperence wise, for he had sun-kissed curly brown hair, and ice blue eyes. To be honest, I was the black sheep -literally- of all the Glass children. All of my brothers have brown hair and blue eyes, very much resembling our father. And I, very much resembling our mother with black hair and grey eyes. But only myself and my two older twin brothers had inherited the curly hair of our father.

"Starling, you look stunning."  Larcen complemented me. "You look quite dapper yourself, brother."  I responded, while taking his out stretched hand in my own. He bowed to me and lightly kissed my knuckles, all because he knew that I hated it when he did that. For some reason him and his twin, Marcus, think I will be Queen someday. Though I have no clue how they got that idea in their heads. For reasons only our parents will know, there is no chance that would even be an option. Which make me think that my brothers have been out in the sun for too long. "Are you ready to go?" my brother asked while placing my hand on his looped arm. Slightly nodding my head with a soft smile, we then advanced to the stables where we were to meet the rest of our family and the Baratheons.

As we got to the stables I released my brothers arm and started to walk to my own horse, Greyson. Before I got to my horse though, my youngest brother, Braxton, ran and tightly hugged my legs "Starling!" he said in his 3 year old slur. "Hello, sweetheart."  I said with a warm smile while slightly ruffling his messy hair. My smile grew wider though as I heard an all too familiar chuckle of a certain stony Prince.