l

Warning; This fanfiction will have some elements from the Game of Thrones TV series, but will mostly be my ideas. I also might make it a musical, I'm still debating.

················

When I was a little girl my mother used to tell me "Life gives you choices, but only you can make the decisions." I never really understood what she meant until now.

Here I sat with the only person that could make me smile after a bad day no matter how far away we were from each other; Joffrey Baratheon. We didn't need to be in each others presence to make the other smile. We didn't need to talk, to enjoy each others company. It was very hard to explain the relationship Joffrey and I have, but the most accurate description that I can think of is a bond. Not just any type of bond though, one that everyone can see but no one can ruin or destroy. Our relationship -which ever way you want to look at it- was perfect. Well, almost perfect.

No sooner did my thoughts start were they than interupted by a soft, sultry voice that spoke to me in a honey sweet whisper "Starling, what are you thinking about?" Looking up from the open book in my hands that I had been blankly staring at moments before, I saw Joffrey staring at me with that signature vindictive smirk of his. "Nothing." I replied with a smile tugging at the corners of my lips, knowing all to well that he hated it when someone feigned innocence, then looked back down at the book in my hands, "Do you think it wise to lie to your King?" he asked seriously, with his brows furrowed and nose scrunched in a wag that made it seem as if he was genuinely angry; A look that made most spout their deepest secrets within seconds. But I knew him too well to fall for his trickery. Slowly shutting my book, I placed it on the table beside me with slow, languid, and deliberate movements knowing that he hated when people stalled. As I looked up at him with narrowed eyes, I spoke with a know-it-all tone of voice "You're not the King,"
This casued him to swiftly stand up in a sort of rage, obviously being hurt by my factual words "yet." I finished with an almost loving smirk, which caused his face to soften from it's previous scowl, and his eyes to brighten up as he jovially laughed. Sometimes Joffrey had a very backwards way of showing his emotions, so this was either a very good sign, or a very bad one.

Not a moment later he stalked towards me from the other side of the library in an almost playful sort of way. With a small chuckle I grabbed a random book from the little black marble table that was placed beside me, and haphazardly flipped it open to a random page. Not really reading it, I just looking at the pages covered in writing and silently waited for Joffery's next move. What was his next move exactly? I don't know. Maybe for Joffery to knock a pile of books onto the floor in one of his childish daily fits of rage, or maybe for him to grab me from my chair and kiss my face all over not even caring who saw us. Regardless of the fact that we could read each other like open books, sometimes there was just no way of knowing what the other was thinking. So I just sat there, holding my breath in utter silence, waiting.

Moments later out of my periphreal vision I saw a pair of red-fabric clad legs stood stalk still in front of me. I decided not to look up at him, both in fear and knowing that it would bother him. Though I know it didn't seem wise to an outsider to anger the young hotheaded Prince I knew that the more and more I ticked him off, the more layers of him I saw. I wanted to know everything about him inside and out. I wanted to love him for the person he truly was; every facial expression, every tone of his voice, every colour that Joffrey was, and could possibly be. I may seem selfish to do so, to say so, but maybe that's just who I was. A young, selfish, naive Count and Countess' daughter who was madly, and deeply in love with the eldest Prince of Westeros; Joffery Baratheon.

As I silently waited for him to make his next move, the book I was holding was forcefully ripped out of my small hands. "Hey, give it back." I swiftly looked up to reprimand the culprit, only to find Joffrey on his knees in front of me, his face a mere inches away from my own. His eyes were as blue as the ocean on a sunny day. His eyes always seemed hypnotized me in a very magical way. They always made me feel as if I was drowning in the beautiful, sunny sea of his bright and astonishing eyes. Everytime I looked deeply into his eyes, I forgot everything. And this time, I forgot about the book that I was minimally interested in, and, as embarrassing as it sounds, I almost forgot how to breath. "When I am King," he grabbed my small and dainty hands with his much large ones, and placed a kiss on each one of my smooth palms as he carried on all while still gently grasping my hands in his own "I want you to be my Queen." With those few words my heart fluttered rapidly at how sincere he actually sounded. Though I had always assumed something of the sort, to hear him actually confirm my deepest wishes and desires brought tears to my stormy grey eyes, and caused my heart to unvoluntarily skip a couple of beats.
"Joffrey, you know we can't." I said softly with a sad smile, knowing all too well that my voice slightly cracked as I did so. "One day," he said as he took me into his warm arms while resting his forehead against my own, "we will be together. They will let us be together. They will have to." His words were so sweet and determined that I wholeheartedly believed him as I nudged my nose against his, all while tightly grip the front of his shirt. Shutting my eyes tightly, I tried to stop the heartbreakingly sad tears that were pathetically falling from my eyes.

At that moment I realised jest how much I truly did care about Joffrey. I never before realised how much he actually did mean to me. Ever since we were children, I felt connected to him, and as we grew older, I felt a little something more. When we got older a tingle in my heart started to form whenever he was near. Though, I never really paid much attention to the feelings I had developed for him, mostly because whenever the topic came up, my parents shut it down immediately. Which in truth, fractured my spirit quite a bit. Even though my parents said no, my heart just couldn't even think to let Joffrey go. So a year ago I finally admited to myself that I was in love with the young man I grew up with.

I was, I am in love with Joffrey Baratheon. And no mater what, no matter what the circumstances, even if Joffrey decided he doesn't love me any more, I will always love him.