Chapter 4: Hello & Sayōnara Suckers

The Kyln

High-Security Prison

The Nova Corp transported them to the prison and, they shuffled through, hands cuffed as they walk in a line. "I guess must of Nova Corps wanna uphold the laws, but these ones here, they're corrupted and cruel. But hey, that's not my problem." Rocket chuckles as he looks back at Peter. "I ain't going to be here long. I've escaped 22 prisons. This one's no different." he states as Ember cracks her neck. "You're lucky the Broad showed up because otherwise, I and Groot would be collecting that bounty right now and you'd be getting drawn and quartered by Yondu and those Ravengers." Rocket informs the two behind him.

Ember arches her eyebrow at him, "I'm sure it the other way around because I would slice you up into a million to fed to the squalls and chop your tree here into firewood." she said darkly to him and everyone looks at her in shock. "She has anger issues. And besides, we had a lot of folks try to kill us over the years, we ain't about to be brought down by a tree and a talking raccoon" Peter informs them. "Hold." the guard orders and they stop. "What's a raccoon?" Rocket questions him, Ember rolls her eyes at him, "What's a raccoon? It's what you are, stupid." Peter informs him and Gamora looks back at them "Ain't nothing like me, except me." Rocket informs him as he points his thumbs against his chest.

Then the gate opens and they walk forward, "So, this Orb has a real shiny blue suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltses Falcon sort of vibe." Peter states as they walk up the steps. "So, what is it?" Peter asks Gamora. "I am Groot," Groot answers him. "Of course we don't know." Ember informs him, "So what? What's in the Orb?" Peter asks again. "I have no words for an honorless thief." Gamora spat at him, Ember smirks. "This coming from the woman that stole it from us and tried to murder us. That's right, you just did!" Ember snaps at her and Gamora look back at her. "Pretty high and Mighty coming from the lackey of a genocidal maniac." Rocket states and Groot snorts a little. She then looks down at Rocket in surprise. "Yeah, I know who you are. Anyone who's anyone knows who you are." Rocket informs her as she looks away from him. "Yeah, we know who you are." Peter agrees then leans back. "Who is she?" he asks Groot and Ember shook her head at him. "I am Groot," Groot answers him.

Peter then pulls back as Ember looks up at the tree in shock, "Yeah, you said that." Peter states and looks away, "No way. You're kidding." she states and Groot shook his head at her and she looks back at Gamora. They then stop again as the guard pulls up his arm, "I wasn't retrieving the Orb for Ronan. I was betraying him. I had an agreement to sell it to a third party." she informs them and the doors open. "I am Groot." Groot asks of her, "I wanna know the price too." Ember agrees with Groot. "Well, that's just as fascinating as the first 89 times you told me that," Peter states as they walk past the room where all their stuff was being kept. "What is wrong with Giving Tree, here?" Peter asks as Gamora and Ember look inside the room "Well, he don't know talking good like me and you. So his vocabulistics is limited to 'I' and 'Am' and 'Groot'. Exclusively in that order." Rocket informs him.

Then they walk past an open door. "Well, I tell you what, that's gonna wear thin, real fast," he states, but then stops as he looks inside seeing the man was messing with his walkman. "Hey, put that away," he orders shim as the guard places the headphones on and Ember gasp as she saw the necklace dangling from his hand. Peter notices as well then quickly steps into the room as the door closes. "Hey!" he shouts at him again "Peter!" Ember calls out as she steps out to the bars and grips then in her hands. "Listen to me, you big blue bastard. Take those headphones off and put the necklace down." Peter orders him as the guard took off the headphones. "Those are mine. Those belong to impound, that necklace belongs to Ember. And that tape and player is mine!" Peter shouts at him.

But the guard grips the shocking stick and, marches to him and shock him, "Peter!" Ember shouts as she watches him scream in pain and fall to his knees and they both recognize the song that was playing. "Hooked on a feeling, Blue Swede, 1973. That song belongs to me!" Peter shouts at him and he got electrocuted again, Ember turns her head away as he falls on his side, but the other just watched.