sixteen

note: we're so close to 1k reads! thank you guys!
++ there's a scene in this chapter inspired by 👆🏻that  tumblr post.
also: this one shows that Milla is not the only one having separation anxiety 😌

Friday night a few weeks later saw a 7 pm meeting with the prefects in the small 'common room' in James and Milla's dorm

Friday night a few weeks later saw a 7 pm meeting with the prefects in the small 'common room' in James and Milla's dorm. Everyone was present, arranged by levels and houses. Everyone but two.

Milla gave Remus a pointed look, a silent question: 'where the fuck is your friend?' but he could only shrug apologetically in reply. If it were up to her, they would have started ages ago. But she couldn't start without the freaking head boy.

It was approximately 7:38 pm when giggles were heard from outside the door. A shocker really, since Lily Evans never giggles. A few fumbling seconds later, the two flustered couple bursted in the room with every prefect, Milla included, staring at them.

"Sorry we're late, uhm.." Lily flushed, looking at the head girl. "We were— uh, I was busy... doing... stuff."

She raised an eyebrow at the two of them, James preoccupied with mouthing to Remus, "I'm stuff!"

She noticed, and it took all of her self-control not to glare and deduct house points. After all, she would be the one who would look bitter, punishing Hogwarts' golden couple.

Milla cleared her throat to compose herself, "Let's begin, shall we?"

After the meeting that dragged on for half an hour, the prefects one by one left in groups. Milla called Evans' attention and gestured to her office, making Remus and James stare at her bewilderedly. She promptly ignored the two.

Lily sat down on a chair in front of her small desk and smiled brightly at her. "So, what's up?"

"Lily, I know that you've been preoccupied with a new relationship recently," she started, trying hard to make her voice sound as professional as possible. The redhead blushed as bright as her hair. "But I fear your focus and priorities aren't lined up right. I just don't want your... boyfriend to distract you too much. You're one of the top students of our year,"

The girl looked down and bit her lip to hide her ever darkening cheeks. "I'm so sorry about earlier, Milla. I promise it won't happen again."

Milla smiled at the girl before dismissing her.

How can she possibly dislike Lily Evans? She was the sweetest, kindest girl Milla had ever met. She was only ever rude to Potter until recently. She was always willing to be her friend and it was Milla that stayed away. It would be easier to hate her if she wasn't the way she was. But she was, and the truth was Lily deserved to be happy. Potter, too. They deserve each other. Their seven years in the making relationship paled in comparison to Milla and James' fling, if you could call it that. They weren't even anything, just toys to help the other meet release.

Who gave her the right to feel that weird, heavy feeling about their relationship? 

That night, she tried to get herself off to other thoughts; the first orgasm she craved since James. But said thoughts of the muggle artists she had crushes on, or their neighbor in their summer vacation home in the States who Milla always thought would be a good lay weren't enough. She couldn't even reach her peak. She was dry. She was frustrated. She was alone.

As petty as she thinks it to be, that was the first time Milla Rosamund had shed tears from her pathetic predicament.

-

James Potter couldn't remember being this happy.

Being with Lily had been amazing; his heart flutters at the mere thought of her. Her kisses were warm and soft and so different from Milla's rough, hot and eager ones and why in the name of Merlin was he thinking of another girl's lips when he was supposed to be thinking of his girlfriend and only his girlfriend?

Girlfriend.

He almost blushed at the term. Exactly how long has he been waiting to call Evans that? Just short of seven years, was it? The satisfaction of achieving his 12 year old self's dream almost overthrew his happiness at finally dating the redhead.

How could I be so luck—

James thoughts were cut off by a quiet but distinct moan coming from Milla's room.

No.

Is she...?

No.

She couldn't, right? They just recently stopped. Could she already find someone so soon?

No.

But there was it again. The unmistakable sound coming from her lips; a sound James was all too familiar with.

"Please," and that beg. James knew that beg.

He couldn't resist. Not when he was just starting to figure things out, starting to finally get over his 'Milla phase' or what the Marauders insist to call it. Before he knew it, he's taken the four sinful steps it took to get to her door. Ajar.

It was like she meant for him to hear how he was in fact just another lay; an itch to scratch. And why did he feel so weird about that? It's not like they were committed. From the start, they both knew the only things that would be attached between them were their bodies. She certainly made that clear.

"It's been fun," her words echoed on his mind like a broken record. Was that all he ever really was? Fun?

But what exactly did he expect, when every single time they fucked, he made sure to bring up Lily, if only just to remind himself that he still have his feelings figured out? If only to reassure himself that nothing's changed?

But everything has changed, hasn't it?

Just one peek, he tells himself. Just one look and I'm done. For good.

He forgot how to breathe for a second.

He loved Lily, right? He loved Lily but still, he clenched his fingers into a fist when he caught sight of her dirty blonde hair spread across the stark white sheets of her bed, fingers curled inside her own heat as she desperately tried to bring herself to some sort of release.

When he did breathe, it was of some twisted relief.

Because Milla wasn't with another lover.

Milla was alone.

-

what the hell is happening to milla and james? even i don't know. lol.