Reluctantly, I pulled back, and shot Mum a watery smile. "Sorry, I just... I'll be down in a minute," I breathed out, and Mum nodded understandingly. Kissing me on the forehead, she let herself out of my room. And only now did I notice how real this all actually felt.

But still, it can't be possible. It is just too surreal. It still has to be a dream! A freakishly real dream, telling me of what could have happened if I hadn't died.

My steps numb, I walked over to my bed, and snatched my phone from the nightstand. Unlocking it, I gulped at the date, the phone threatening to slip from my trembling hands.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012.

The day I died. But I'm not dead. I'm alive. I didn't cross over, I was freaking brought to life! It took a full minute to sink in, but when it finally did, my knees almost gave out. I'm alive! It's a miracle! Somehow, I didn't even die in the first place! I felt like crying.

Somehow seeing the date, confirmed my suspicions of this not being a dream. But still I'm going to treat that as a possiblity until I get answers, but...

Oh my God, I can't wait to meet Zayn! And only now did I break down in a sob of happiness, and after composing myself, dashed inside my bathroom. Splashing some water on my face, I stared at myself in the tiny mirror. I wasn't pale anymore. My cheeks were rosy, and my eyes weren't hollowed out with dark cirles. My neck didn't have bruises anymore.

Grimacing, I shrugged out of the God awful white shirt I had been stuck with for years, and pulled on a simple grey tee over my black skinny jeans. Running a hand through my hair, I bolted downstairs. The only thing in my mind was Zayn. I had to get to Zayn!

When I reached downstairs, I saw my family sat around the breakfast table, Dad reading the newspaper, Mum flipping pancakes and my little sister scooping cereal in her mouth. I stopped dead in my tracks, my throat constricting at the sight of my family. Oh God, how much have I missed them! Now I get to be a part of everything again.

Ava, my six year old sister saw me and squealed. "Ni! I ate your pancakes!" Followed by a giggle. I snapped out of my shock, and warmly smiled at her. Instead of tickling her to tears like I did every morning, I pulled her into a tight hug, burying my face in her mane of brown hair.

"I missed you, squirt," I murmured affectionately, my voice thick.

Ava wriggled out of my embrace, lightly hitting me on the head, and I pretended to wince. "Silly! You read me a story just last night!" she giggled, and I frowned. Just last night? So I actually really never died in the first place? But I still remember everything. Okay, this is seriously messed up. In a good or a bad way, I can't tell yet. And I still can't figure out if this is actually reality or a really vivid, angels-induced dream.

"Hey Dad," I warmly smiled at my father, who offered me a small smile then returned to his newspaper. I was tempted to hug my father, but we only did that when Mum forced us to on a special occassion or if Dad wanted to show a bit of his emotions.

"What's gotten into you, Nialler? You seem a bit emotional today?" Mum asked worriedly, placing a fresh stack of pancakes in the center of the table. I quickly pulled three into my plate, squirting syrup and popping a bit into my mouth. I moaned at the taste of my mother's heavenly cooking. Actually, this is the first time I had eaten in almost two years. Ghosts can't eat, ya know.

"Nothing Mum," I mumbled around the food. "Just love you all so much," I said fervently, and Mum just smiled, patting my cheek as she pulled up her own chair, settling down with her coffee mug.

After I stuffed my stomach to the brim and topped it with apple juice, I instantly remembered Zayn and scrambled up from my seat.

"Oh Niall! You have to drop Ava to school!" Mum called out as I was halfway out the door, and I cursed. But then I remembered her school was en route to Zayn's house, so I nodded.