Year Eight: Statice

[How y'all feeling? Excited, nervous, sad that this book is ending soon? I still need to write the last few chapters. Hope/have (you had) an amazing day! ^3^ <3]

"Hey, [Name]." Kakashi greeted as soon as he sat down after placing the statice flower into a vase. He fiddled with his hands before reaching out to grab the girl's smaller, skinny hand. She was incredibly thin. Too thin.

"I can't believe it's been eight years without you. I'm now seventeen." He swallowed back the sudden urge to cry. He had to be strong, just for her. Or else her sacrifice would mean nothing.

"Y-you're nineteen now, right," He let out a pained laugh. "I've lost track of time." He bitterly smiled. He remembered, it was all his fault in the first place.

"Do you know what a statice means?" He choked back a sob. Why was he getting so emotional all of the sudden? Kakashi himself didn't quite know either. With his free hand he massages his thigh to try and relieve some of his anxiety.

"I-it means I'll always r-remember you," He quietly cried, small hiccups coming from the young male. "D-did you know they also symbolize sympathy and s-success?" He questioned, whimpered as he tried to stop his flowing tears. What was she doing to him?

   "I-I'm sorry," He wailed. He couldn't hold back his sobs. It was too painful. "It's all my fault, isn't it?" He cried out. He just wanted her to wake up and tell him it was okay, even if it wasn't. He wanted her to tell him that it wasn't his fault and that she loved him.

   He wanted her to tell him that everything would be alright, that she forgave him when he himself could not. After all, it was his fault that she was in a coma.

   Slowly and painfully, he began to read the notes that began to spill out of the eighth jar he had.

  "You're like the sea; drowning me in guilt. I can't blame you though, it was my fault."

   "Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me it's okay. Tell me you forgive me."

   "Tell me you love me"

   "Please wake up, I don't want to continue without you."

   "I can't believe it took me around seven years to realize such a simple thing."

  "That simple thing being my love for you."

   "Please return home to me, [name]"

"Crying again because I lacked the strength to protect you. I had no courage, I ran away like a coward. You're so courageous and brave. The you who was punished for my wrong doings. You were so delicate and fragile, it pains me."

[420 words ;)]