"Hey Ryan." I answer.

"Hey Mel, I was just wondering if you're free right now? Ryan's voice asks.

"Er I'm sorry, I'm kinda busy right now." I say.

"Oh really, with what? Ryan's voice teases.

"It's nothing really Ryan, but believe me, I'm busy, but I will call you later." I say.

"Alrighty then." He says.

"Bye." I say, and don't wait for a response before I disconnect the line.

I sigh and turn around only to freeze in my tracks.

Hunter.

"Hunter I-" he cuts me off before I could finish my sentence.

"You storm off before Skyler could ask you for somethings to drink, so I figured it just must be important. I came to get the drinks and you're talking to Ryan?" He asks.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him? He says.

"It's not like that." My voice comes out barley in a whisper.

"Then what is it like, Melanie? Help me understand." He says.

I didn't know what to say. It seemed pretty bad at the moment, so I just stayed quiet.

"Am I talking to myself, Melanie? He asks again this time getting louder.

"He just wanted to know what I was doing. It was not that big of a deal Hunter." I say.

"I don't care. You agreed to stay away from him. And last time I checked that means no more talking either." He says.

"it was the first time." I lied.

"Melanie, I don't care if it was the hundredth time. You went against my wishes. And if you don't remember he is what caused our first breakup."

"I'm sorry, but HE is not what caused our first breakup. It was YOU AND HIM. Betting on me. Treating me like I was an object or something." I say getting louder too.

"Yeah, but let's not forget who went all 'A' on you, and sent you anonymous recordings of me." He says.

"So this is my fault?!" I ask.

"I never said that! He defends.

"I think you just did! I say.

" Did you even listen to a thing I said?! He says stepping closer to me.

"I never said it was your fault. I said it was his! But there you go defending him! Hunter said all in my face.

"I'm not defending him. I was saying facts!" I shoot back.

"That still doesn't change the fact that you, went against my wishes, Melanie! He says.

By this time you can see Hunter is obviously red. And in the corner you can see Skyler, Noah and Natasha watching.

So nosey.

"I don't understand the big deal here! I say.

Hunter throws his arms in the air.

"Did you not just hear anything I said Melanie?! He asks.

"I just don't get it. I should be able to talk to Ryan, without you throwing a hissy fit! I say.

"Why don't you ever just listen Melanie? Listen to me once, and stop being so damn stubborn! He says grabbing his hair.

By now, there are almost tears stinging in my eyes.

I HATE being yelled at. It makes me so emotional.

It gets too much to hold in, and a few tears slip from my eyes.

Hunter looks at me and sighs.

"Seriously Melanie? Tears? Why are you even crying?!" He asks visibly irritated.

He obviously thinks I'm crying for no reason.

He puts his elbows on the counter and rests his head between his arms.

Everything is dead silent, and nobody knows what to do. Even Daniel is just sitting there looking at us. In amusement.

Then the front door opens, and I see 2 adults walk in.

"Hey mom, and dad. Daniel says.

My heart skips a beat.

Great, his parents are home.

They give Daniel a hug, and look around at everyone's face.

Her eyes find Hunter and look at the position he is in.

"Hunter, what happened? She asks.

Hunter ignores her, and her eyes look at me. She sees the tears down my face and she seems to put it all together.

"Melanie, honey is everything alright? She asks.

I quickly wipe my tears and nod my head.

"I'm fine Mrs.Lawrence I'm sorry you have to see me like this." I say

"Oh , are you sure you're alright she asks, setting her bag down.

I nod my head.

Mr.Lawrence seems to have the most confused look on his face.

"We should get going, Skyler speaks up.

Mrs.Lawrence nods her head in understanding.

"I grab my things off the hanging rack, and put on my shoes.

I wave by to everyone , and take a glimpse at Hunter to seem him angrily stomping up the stairs.

I just don't get his problem.