1 - Imported

I wake up with my head on Ashton's shoulder, and I heave a sigh when I feel us going down. I close my eyes as the plane makes its descent, and I wrap my arms tighter around Ashton's torso.

After my slight freak out when we took off, the same blonde flight attendant came over and asked if everything was alright and then proceeded to flirt with Ashton, making me scoff.

Eventually, I gained up the courage to sit back on my seat. And that's how I ended up with Ashton's arm draped over my own, and my arms wrapped around his waist.

I stare at his defined face. His sharp cheekbones with a light brown stubble around his jaw. His straight nose with a defined hook at the end. His dark brown hair, shaved at the side and flopping over his forehead at the top. Clearly greasy from the amount of time he spends fixing it and running his hands through it.
Slowly, his eyes flutter open, revealing his blueish-gray eyes; they remind me of a thunderstorm.

He stares down at me and his thin stretched lips curve into a small smile, and I blink up at him.

"Morning," I greet, yawning.

"Only a few minutes left until we land," he says softly.

"At two in the morning," I mutter tiredly.

"Actually, one," he corrects and I stare at him strangely. Huh? "Different time zones. You lose an hour in Oklahoma, might want to change your timezone."

"Noted," I say, feeling us touch ground, and sitting up, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. Grumbling under his breath, Ashton stands and we walk off the plane together, making the trek to the baggage claim. The empty airport gives me no comfort. No one is here for me.

Grabbing my duffels, I carry them on my shoulders, toward the pick up area, and it's empty as well.

"Great," I say, feigning enthusiasm.

"You need a ride?" Ashton asks, looking down as he fiddles with a set of keys in his hand, and he has a rolling suitcase at his side.

"To Apache? Only if you're heading that way," I reason. He doesn't seem like a rapist. He seems pretty innocent.

"I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't going that way. That's where I live, Miss Giana Reese," he says, starting to walk away, and I jump up to my puny 5'5", compared to his tall stature, he has to be at least over 6 feet tall.

Struggling to keep up on my short legs, I grunt in displeasure. Eventually, we reach a silver Ford Expedition, and Ashton opens his trunk, allowing me to put my bags inside with his.

"Maybe I should've taken into consideration that I kind of needed my grandparents phone number before boarding that plane," I sigh, shaking my head.

"And your parents wouldn't give it to you?" Ashton asks as we separate and go to opposing sides of the car. Climbing in, I purse my lips and flicker my gaze to the hood as he starts the car.

"I don't know where they are, and my mom isn't exactly keen on answering her phone for anyone but her clients," I explain as we enter the light oncoming traffic. "What about you? Your family, I mean."

Slowly, he starts to explain that he's the oldest out of his brother and sister, and his mother and father had been happily married for just over twenty years. He says his sister is in high school, and his brother is, obviously, in college in New York.

Slowly, I watch as we come into civilization once again, but not for long before we board a smooth paved freeway.

We trade stories back and forth, and somehow, he convinced me to tell him about my personal life. Mainly by him talking about himself, and he tells me of his history with his past leading up to now. I end up telling him about a few of my friends... not all of them though... and he convinces me that he's a trusting person so I tell him why my parents shipped me off to BFE. He laughs at my nickname for it, but doesn't comment anything else about it. Then we go back to him and he talks a lot. Hell, he rambles more than I do. Maybe it's his method of staying awake...