Chapter 2: The Transformation

...............................................................................................................................

The purple butterfly fluttered through Marinette's window settling onto her desk waiting for her to enter her room. Marinette opened the latch to her room with a sad sigh, Tikki looked at Marinette's displeasure and frowned. "Come on, Marinette, don't let this get you down. There are plenty enough fish in the sea." Marinette mustered a small smile, but Tikki could see through the wall. She could see her friend was suffering from this. That's when Tikki spotted the akuma, "Marinette..." Tikki started, but to late the akuma flapped it's wings towards Marinette and was absorbed into her necklace.

"Mari- freeze, I will give you the abilities to prove yourself if in return you provide me a favor in time," Hawkmoth said.

"No Marinette, do not give in to his torment," Tikki tried. Marinette shushed her and replied 'yes I will.' Black and purple smoke emitted around her transforming her into Mari-freeze. Her hair stayed the same, a skin tight blue dress appeared on her, and her whole body turned extremely cold. Her hand released a frigid gas. Mari-freeze jumped out of the window onto the next building's roof. She smiled feeling the air rush at her, then she frowned.

"Its too hot up in here, time to let lose some winter!" Marinette snapped her fingers, a ball of snow was made in her hand which she threw up into the warm air. The snowball bursted apart into tiny crystallized snowflakes each unique and special. They floated in the gentle breeze turned it vicious and releasing a harsh winter storm. She smiled at herself seeing many civilians step outside from the comfort of their homes to see the commotion of the change of weather. Mari-freeze spotted Chloe and smiled to herself 'Time to get revenge!' She jumped off of the building and gracefully landed in front of Chloe.

 Mari-freeze spotted Chloe and smiled to herself 'Time to get revenge!' She jumped off of the building and gracefully landed in front of Chloe

"Who are you? And why exactly are you standing in front of me?" Chloe demanded. Marinette smirked at Chloe.

"Tsk...Tsk... Do you really not recognize me Chloe? Do not see your mistake? Oh well....!" Marinette shot out her hand and froze Chloe in a block of cold white ice. Mari-freeze laughed, "I suggest if you don't want the same fate as your friend you run along, now."

Sabrina gasped, "I'm so sorry Marinette." Sabrina cowered before running away screaming. That's when the paparazzi showed up trying to get a scoop.

................................................................................................................................

Adrien sat on his bed thinking over the events that recently happened, "Could I maybe have hurted her feelings? Now I feel like such a bad friend..." Plagg bounced up carrying a piece camembert cheese and turned on the TV.

"Come on it wasn't that bad... " Plagg said to lighten the situation, "Haha just joking, you ruined both yours and her life."

"Plagg, this is the second time you've mentioned this. Tell me exactly what you know right now, no ifs, ands, or buts. Tell me now," Adrien demanded.

"Fiasco in downtown square... New villain akumatized... Where is Ladybug and Chat Noir?" The TV stated, Adrien turned his attention to the TV at the mention of Chat Noir.

"What? Wait that looks like Marinette! Oh no I made her depressed enough to get her akumatized!" Adrien said, he looked at the screen again. "We have to handle this situation. And Plagg don't think that this conversation is over, Plagg, claws out!" Green light flashed and Chat Noir appeared jumping out of the window.

"Where is she?" Chat Noir asked as he scanned the horizon looking for Mari-freeze. "This is the last place I saw her on that T.V." Thats when he saw the sickening frozen body of his child hood friend, incrusted in -50 degrees cold ice. He touched the surface of the block when he heard a voice he whipped around to see Mari- freeze crouching on the edge of a small bake shop.

"Took you about time tomcat, I thought you'd never show," Mari-freeze smirked at him revealing a frown. "Hmm, but you sure as can count on your partner. Oh what is her name.... Redlady... Flutterbug.... Oh I know Ladybug! Where is she?" Mari-freeze cackled.

Chat Noir frowned, "She'll be here, she's just running late-" When Mari- freeze interrupted.

"Oh I don't think that is ever going to happen. You see she's gone disappeared, jumped off a cliff- died inside. And pretty boy will not get his 'lady' ever. Period." Chat furrowed his brow, looked at Mari- freeze realizing something he had not before. That same blue hair matched his Lady's, the same sea water blue eyes. His eyes widened at his discovery. Marinette was Ladybug, Ladybug was Marinette! 'But then why would she have gotten so angry enough to be akumatized if she was Ladybug? Wouldn't she have tried to control her emotions knowing what would happen?' He looked at Mari-freeze.

"Marinette?" He said as gentle as he could, "I like you too." Mari-freeze laughed.

"You think you can play that card on me? I don't even know you! Besides the life of a hero is way boring saving all these people, when you can just cause more damage. And a way to keep my powers I have to get your Miraculous!" She snapped lunging forward off the building, landing gracefully onto the floor like a balleria. Mari-freeze twirled around a bit of her hair before racing forward and pushing Chat Noir to the ground. "Time to see who you really are!" She reached for his hand, and was about to slip off the ring when he leaned in and kissed her. He closed his eyes while Marinette did the same thing, a switch flicked inside her and she became herself not remembering the past events of Adrien saying No he didn't like her. Marinette's sky blue eyes fluttered open to peer at Adrien's tan face. She pulled apart stumbling to the floor blushing really hard, to where he caught her. She looked at her slender hand to feel it clutching something, Marinette opened her fist and looked at the object. It was Chat Noir's miraculous, she gasped and dropped it on the floor. "Adrien?! You're Chat Noir?" He nodded his tousled blonde curls bouncing.

 "Adrien?! You're Chat Noir?" He nodded his tousled blonde curls bouncing

"Its ok," Adrien reached for her hand and held it gently. Marinette looked at him, then looked down at her feet. "Are you okay?" He asked her, when a crowd rushed forward.

"You're Adrien Agreste- a.k.a the famously known Chat Noir!" The reporter shoved his camera into Adrien's faces taking in every detail. Adrien reached for Marinette's hand intertwining fingers when she lurched forward onto all fours.

"Marinette?" Marinette stood on the floor staring at the ground when her akuma wedged itself out of her necklace, flapping away unnoticed.