FORTY-EIGHT

OFFSCREEN

"Katy, wake up. We've landed." Tom shook her shoulder to gently wake her. She had her head resting on his shoulder, her eyes slowly opened up tiredly, sleep begging her to come back. The cover to their window was shut, so she couldn't see if it was day or night outside.

They had also taken a private jet to Tom's surprise location for Katy, to ensure that it stayed a surprise and they had the privacy they needed to avoid paparazzi.

As Katy lifted her head off of Tom's shoulder, she rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes and looked at Tom with a sheepish smile. "I drooled on your shirt a little."

Chuckling softly at her, Tom shook his head and shrugged it off. "That's okay." He would let her drool on his shirt any day no matter how fancy it was. He absolutely adored her when she slept.

The two began to unbuckle their seatbelts and stood up from their seats. They pulled out their luggage from the compartments and waited for the door to be opened. Tom couldn't wait to see the look on Katy's face when he revealed to her that they were on
a surprise trip that he had planned just for her. He was hoping for her to be ecstatic to finally get the break she deserved after filming, and what better way to do that than take her to somewhere she's always wanted to go? Tom was planning on never letting her go again, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. The start of doing that, was checking off things on their bucket lists. Who cares if they were too young to be doing that? They could always make more to pass the time when they were old and wrinkled.

Just as the door was being unlocked, Tom turned to Katy and smiled at her. "Are you excited to jump into bed and just sleep?" He asked her, knowing that the moment she found out they were in Greece, she was going to freak out and immediately want to start exploring.

She shook her head. "I don't think I can, I already slept the whole way here. I just can't wait to go home and eat, I could definitely eat right now. I'm really in the mood for sandwiches, can we get sandwiches?"

Tom grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips to press a kiss to her knuckles. "Yes, we can most definitely go get sandwiches." As they were finally able to step out of the plane and onto the gangway that led to the airport, Tom and Katy remained holding hands while pulling their suitcases behind them with the other hand. "So what kind of sandwich are you in the mood for?"

"Honestly, any sandwich will do. I could eat them all right now." She answered with a shrug. Tom glanced over at her and found himself unable to look away because even after sleeping for hours, she was still a beautiful sight to see. Catching his gaze on her, Katy smiled confusedly at him. "What? Do I have drool on my face or something? Come on, Tom, please tell me if I do, don't be a brat about it."

Laughing at her in response, Tom shook his head. "You don't have drool on your face, it's perfect, trust me."

Staring at him in suspicion, Katy didn't say anything else. They continued walking until they entered the airport exit area. Immediately, Katy was puzzled by the environment. She wasn't stupid, she was extremely observant and noticed right away, the different languages being spoken and written all around her. Tom wished he had his phone out to record her face as she walked past a man speaking Greek on the phone, wondering in her head what language that was. She studied the banners hung up on the ceiling, and tried to pick out any words she understood. It wasn't until the words written in English on a banner said, 'Welcome to Athens' did things finally click for her.

Turning to Tom with wide eyes, she said, "Tom, I think we went on the wrong plane. We're in Greece right now."

Unable to hold it back any longer, Tom's mouth widened into a grin and he began to laugh uncontrollably at the bewildered expression on Katy's face. She was in so much shock, she couldn't register in her mind how on earth he could be laughing at the situation.