18- The New Team (E)

Thea's eyes scanned the ground, trying to find a place that could help her. Her hair was blowing in her face, covering her eyes when she heard the faint sound of an engine roaring. Thea turned her back in the air to see in the distance, the shape of a quinjet flying towards her. Her hair whipped her face, as the quinjet came closer. Thea quickly retracted her hands from their outstretched position, slowly dropping Thea to the floor. The quinjet quickly flew over her, right where she was floating in the air.

Thea's body tensed as she realized she would have to explain to Tony why she was already in Sokovia. She would have to explain that she was kidnapped and taken by Ultron, forced in a prison with Natasha and pleaded by Ultron to join him. Her eyes grew wide with nerves as the quinjet landed softly on the ground. The engine powered down as the trap door slid open in one swift move.

The first person to step out was Tony, already clad in his Iron Man suit. Sheepishly, Thea raised a hand and waved at him. Her mouth held a small grin but her eyes were narrowed in fear and worry. Tony did a double-take as he spotted Thea in the distance with her hand up and waving at him. With quick steps, Tony made his way over to Thea.

"What are you doing here?!" Tony spoke out with worry and anger. He flipped his mask up, showing his face which was strewn about with worry.

"Maybe you should ask Ultron that question instead of me."

Tony's face changed from that of worry to that of anger. His eyebrows narrowed, creasing the space between them. "That son of a bitch."

A rush of air went past Thea as the rest of the team ran out of the quinjet and into the city. Thea turned her head to catch a glimpse of the Maximoff twins running out. Her eyebrows creased and she scoffed out, "What are those two doing here?"

"They're on our side now," Tony said.

Thea looked between Tony and the spot where the twins once were. The last time Thea saw the twins they were trying to kill the team, herself included. She wasn't going to be as trusting with them as the rest of the team, that's for sure. But Tony's reassuring gaze softened her hard glare.

"Excuse me?! Last time I checked they are the ones who we were fighting." Her mouth gaped open in disbelief and her eyes grew wide. Tony sighed out as was about to speak, but before he could Thea rebutted, "You know what, never mind. Let's just go kick that overgrown toaster's butt."

"Actually, you are staying right here."

"Um no, I'm not," Thea argued.

Tony was about to speak but Thea cut him off before a single syllable passed through his lips. "You need me, let's face it. If it wasn't for me Hulk would probably still be out there, destroying another city and killing who knows what. So for this one time you are keeping me." Thea said this while walking up to Tony and thrust out a finger after every new sentence, hitting him on his arc reactor. Thea stood by, waiting for his reaction. Although she was afraid of Tony at parts, she also knew that Tony would need her for this fight.

Tony sighed out, "You really do take after me in the stubborn category." He looked like he was having a battle with himself for a moment, his eyes narrowed, but then he shook his head and closed his faceplate. "Come on. Let's go before I change my mind. You can help fight..."

Thea smiled widely and gripped her arms around Tony's body, hugging him tightly. Tony smiled and looked down at Thea before he gripped her arms and pulled Thea off. "Hold your roll there kiddo, you can help fight only if you take this earpiece." Tony held out in his hand a small earpiece to help connect Thea to the rest of the team. She took it from his hand and placed it snuggly in her ear.

Thea side-smirked and looked down at her body, which was still clad in her suit. She clapped her hands together once, purple mist now sparking out of her fingertips. "Let's go get this son of a bitch."