13- The Avengers (E)

It has been a while since Thea had seen the Avengers all together. Living most of her teenage life in Stark tower had its ups and downs. Thea always had someone watching out for her, whether it was Bruce, Nat, Steve, Clint or even Thor at one point. Tony took Thea under his wing in 2010 when she was only just turning 10 years old.

"You okay there kid?" Thea heard Tony ask. This snapped her out of her head and into the real world. Thea turned her head to her left and looked at Tony in the seat next to her.

"You look kinda out of it at the moment," Tony said with a concerned voice. Thea turned away from Tony and looked out the window of the moving vehicle they were current riding in. "Yeah, I guess I just thought that I would have a little more time before I got pulled out temporarily." She placed her hand underneath her chin and rested her elbow onto the door. Tony patted Thea's back gingerly as he said, "Don't worry, you'll be back in no time."

Looking up at the buildings Thea and Tony passed, Thea realized they were rapidly approaching the Stark "Avengers" Tower. Once they did, the car came to a gentle stop and a breathed a deep sigh. Everything almost felt normal for a while when Thea was at MidTown. This mission just proved that nothing good ever lasts. Knowing fully well that Tony wouldn't wait for Thea to get out, she pushed open the car door and exited. Tony was already reaching the front door by the time she closed the car door shut. He paused for a moment to look back at Thea and continued forward.

~~~~

After being greeted by many familiar faces that Thea had seen around the tower before she finally got to see those she missed the most. Practically as soon as Tony and Thea left the elevator, Thea was swarmed by everyone. Everyone was talking all at once to Thea and she managed to hear a few of them. Thea looked over to her left and she saw none other than Captain himself, Steve Rogers. "Welcome back," he said with a wide smile on his face.

Next to Steve was the famous Black Widow, otherwise known as Natasha Romanoff. "Glad to have you back kid, even if it is only for a short while." She patted Thea's back with a strong slap while saying this. She didn't exactly smile while saying this either, but Thea could tell she cared. Others were here greeting her too, like Bruce, Clint, and even Pepper.

Thea looked around at everyone and smiled widely. Tony then stepped in front of her and became the center of attention, "Alright everyone I know you all want to talk to Thea but we must get on the road." He clapped his hands together at the end of his sentence to emphasize the hurry.

The group then began to disperse and filter away to their own rooms, leaving only Tony and Thea left. He ushered her along to the next room which was covered in glass and debris all over. Thea stopped in her tracks for a moment and took it all in. Tony looked back at Thea and said, "I told you we had a problem."

"Tony.... what happened here?" Thea asked as she bent down to take a closer look at the ground. She went to pick up a shard of glass but miscalculated as ended up cutting a small sliver into her finger. Thea hissed in pain and grabbed her finger, inspecting it closely. Tony exhaled a breath he was holding, almost a disappointed sigh.

"You know how Bruce and I have always had the idea of artificial intelligence, Ultron we called it." He walked over to the couch, which was the only thing void of glass shards and sat down. "We thought that by using Loki's scepter we could achieve this. Boy, we were wrong. The whole thing blew back up in our faces and we paid the price." He gestured to the entire room, "Ultron thought we weren't worthy and decided we didn't deserve to be living anymore...... so we fought." Tony put his head in his hands and rubbed his face a couple of times. He looked defeated.

"Well that's why I am here, and so is everyone else." Thea walked over to Tony's side on the couch and sat down. He looked up from his hands and smiled at her. "You're right kid, and for that I am glad." He suddenly stood up and looked back down at Thea. "Come on times