I grab a math text book and sit down on the table opening it to a random page. I don't want people to know I'm lying, so I should at least make it look like I'm studying. I'll save the actual studying for home.

After school, I go to the bus and, of course, sit alone in the back. I plug my headphones into my phone and put both in each ear, turning the music up loud as I pick a song to listen to. I lean my head against the window as the bus takes off, fighting to push the tears away.

Everyday, I have to deal with Lexi and her stupid friends. I don't even how or why this even happened. Lexi has always been so mean to me. And eventually, her friends started to hate me too.

Well, all except Shawn I guess. I mean, he hasn't really said anything rude to me. Not for a while, anyway. But I know for sure that he doesn't like me either. I know that because once he actually has been rude to me.

The bus pulls up to my stop and I exit the bus and let out a sigh. I still have another quarter mile to walk before I'm home. I walk down the dirt path, but suddenly hear a loud engine behind me. I turn to see a convertible mustang speeding towards me. Justin's the driver and Austin is sitting in the passenger seat. Shawn, Alex, Stacy, and Lexi are all packed in the back, sitting on the edge of the backseat. They must've followed me because I know for a fact that none of them live in this neighborhood. The houses in this neighborhood are quite small and these kids are all spoiled rich kids, according to the designer clothing they wear to school.

"Tegan! It's so nice to see you!" Stacy yells, and the others laugh. "Yeah, I was just kidding."

I roll my eyes at her stupid little joke. I ignore them and keep walking towards my house.

"Don't ignore us, you slut." Alex yells.

I try my best to not say anything but I really want to yell at them. Justin cuts in front of me and they all jump out of the car, standing in front of me.

"Please leave me alone." I say, trying to seem fearless. But truthfully, I'm scared out of my mind.

"Don't you wanna hang with us." Austin asks, a smirk planted on his face.

"Yeah, we wanna hang with you." Justin adds.

"Well we don't really wanna hang. You get what I'm saying?" Lexi says.

Theres silence for a while. The only one me that hasn't insulted me yet is Shawn. It seems like they're waiting for them to say something, but he never does.

After a couple moments, another car pulls up next to us. It's a black Subaru.

"Hey little sis!" I suddenly realize that its my older brother that I haven't seen in almost a year. He's a college student in Michigan at Michigan State. It seems like its been forever. "Just got back from the airport. You wanna ride?"

"Yes please." I say quickly.

"Sorry to take her away from you guys. But it's been a year."

"Go ahead." Shawn says, giving the other guys a look. "We were just leaving."

I hop into the passenger seat of his car and he takes off towards the house.

"Brandon! You're back!" I shout, enthusiastically. "Hows Michigan?"

"Great!" he says. "How's Chicago?"

I hesitate but I answer, hiding the pain. "Fantastic."

"So uh...who were those guys?"

"Just friends."

"I don't think friends would have blocked the sidewalk like that. Now, who were those guys, Tegan?"

"Just friends." I repeat, sternly.

The rest of the drive was silent and a bit awkward, but I don't really mind since we weren't even a mile away.

Once we step inside, my perky mother was already standing by the front door waiting for my arrival but was taken aback to see both Brandon and me walk through the front door. She squeals and squeezes Brandon in a hug, me letting out a small laugh.

My younger brother, Aaron, runs down the stairs and jumps on Brandon's back, causing him to burst into laughter as he spins in circles quickly.

"Where's dad?" Brandon asks.

"He's working but he should be home soon." my mother says, still smiling big.

It can get a bit annoying how my mother is always smiling and laughing. I can't remember the last time she actually got mad at us for anything. We can basically get away with anything.

For example, one time Aaron had the brightes idea to grab our cat and drop her from the balcony and into the grass. Our mother reacted with saying, "let's not do that anymore, sweetie."

Of course he decided to do it again.

"How was school, Tegan?"

"Um, it was fine. Nothing exciting happened so..." I doze off, thinking of the horrible insults that were said to me today.

"I had an awesome day at school today!" Aaron shouts, jumping up and down on the couch. "Today, we had the drawing to see who gets to take the classroom pet home this weekend and guess who won?"

"Who?" we all say in unison.

"This guyy." he says, pointing at himself with his thumbs while dancing around.

We all laugh and my mother stands from the couch.

"I'm going to start on dinner, your father should be home soon."

I dig through my back pack and dig out my math binder to start on my homework.

The day slowly comes to an end and I walk upstairs to my room. I change into my most comfortable pajamas and walk over to the side of my bed with the nightstand. I open the drawer slowly and move my clothes revealing the blades the lie underneath.

I know that I actually had fun today with my family and all. But this is actually part of my night routine. I change into my pajamas, grab a blade, lock the bathroom door, stare at myself in the mirror thinking about my awful life, and...cut.

It's not something I should be doing, I know. But, it helps me forget about the things I go through at school.

I stare at myself in the mirror, gripping the end of the counter. My long, messy wavy, brown hair flows down past my shoulders. My blue eyes fade to gray as my eyes start to tear up and my freckles are covering every aspect of my face.

I sit on the floor leaning against the counter and roll up my sleeve as I bring the blade to my skin, making contact slowly. I push hard into my skin as I move it across my wrist, the blade instantly shooting pleasurable pain through my body, as the blood slowly starts to drip out.

a/n-- hey guys! i decided to start a shawn mendes fan fic. let me know what you think. ily.

-scarlett :]