Chapter 13

Katie's POV
The drive back home was silent with the sound of screeching tyres and heavy breathing.

Did I just called his place as my home? Well he does make me feel like I'm at home. Not his house but him. He is my home. The place where I belong, the place where I was meant to be. He gives me the warmth for which I was craving since ages. It was after meeting him that I realized, how incomplete I was without him. He is not my better half but my best half and I won't let him go.

I saw his face closely. His face looked tensed, very tensed. It was the first time I have seen him this worried. I don't think it was something to be so worried about it could be some animal or just wind, and since when has he started worrying about small things? It was always me who used to do this. In fact I am literally a scaredy cat. Afraid of almost everything, I'm not among the girls who can say that I'm a strong and independent women. I never was and I know I never will be. I'll always remain like this, a girl who needs to be inside her shell because she is too afraid to face the world. This was the reason I have only a few friends and don't even get me started on trust issues that I have, the reason that I didn't trust James at the first time. But now I know that he can be trusted and he will protect me. My home.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize when we reached home. I stepped out of the car to meet the chilly wind. I looked up in the sky which was red and I knew it will start raining any moment. My eyes felt heavy. I checked my watch, it was 1:30 a.m. No doubt that I'm feeling drowsy.

We were about to step inside when the clouds thundered loudly and I shrieked but in an instant a pair of warm arms came around me protectively and in a moment I knew. I was safe.

I was ready to leave for my place. I know Mom won't be very pleased to find me at my teacher's place at this time so I started collecting my things but James had other plans.

He took my arm and literally dragged me with him. How can he be so energetic at this time. Anyways I followed him without a word. He stopped when we reached a in front of a door, I guess it was the door leading to the backyard.

"Close your eyes Ms. Wilson."
His voice had turned to a whisper.

"Alright."
I shrugged.

I closed my eyes and a few seconds later a cool breeze hit me on my face and a sweet smell tingled in my nose. I stood there motionless, as if a part of me wanted to be consumed in the moment, with my eyes closed and him by my side, being surrounded by this sweet scent.

"Now you can open them."

Although I never wanted to.

"I opened my eyes and couldn't believe what I saw.
Was it a fairytale or something, or was I dreaming?
In front of my eyes was a beautiful garden with flowers of all the colours you can pick from the rainbow. There were trees swaying in the gentle breeze. A small light bulb glowed in the middle, in that light the raindrops on the grass shone like pearls. The night time only made it better. I had an urge to touch the grass so I removed my shoes and stepped on the grass. It felt like I was walking on velvet, it was so smooth. The environment around me seemed to have consumed me, maybe it was because I was a bit drowsy.

While I stood there having the time of my life, a pair of warm strong arms were wrapped around my waist. I turned and came face to face with my favourite person. The clouds thundered and it started pouring. I shivered when I felt cold raindrops on my skin. In the dim light I saw James' angelic face, wet and smiling. His gaze shifted from my eyes to my lips, I felt intoxicated by this moment. In an instant our lips were connected, I was surprised to see how perfectly our lips fitted into each other's. It was like a shape selective catalyst found its perfect target site.

Chemistry freak...

Everything felt so perfect and so right.

The kiss got more heated and soon it turned into a heavy make out session. The wind was getting chilly and I started shivering. I guess he noticed it because next thing I knew that his lips were no longer in mine and I was scooped up in a pair of strong arms in bridal style.

There was a sudden lightning in the sky and then it started pouring. Cold raindrops started slapping me across my face and within seconds, we both were drenched to skin. I saw his face, all wet and handsome... The moment consumed my consciousness and stupid things started coming out of my mouth.

"I love you James Edward."

I said these words, totally unaware whether I meant them or not. They just slipped from my mouth.

He didn't say anything. Just smiled and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back with the same amount of passion.

The wind got wilder and I started shivering. James smirked and in his dreamy voice, said.

"Let's go inside before you catch a bad cold."

I was completely aware of the fact that I just confessed my love to this man and he didn't responded in the way I wanted him to. I felt so embarrassed for saying all these words and i don't know why was i even hoping for him to respond. I mean i was his student he was my teacher and this was how it all was meant to go. No feelings, nothing except having a good time occasionally.

We both went inside and dried ourselves i thought that staying here any more will just cause me to embarras myself even more. I started packing and turned towards the door to leave. A forceful hand grabbed my arm and i was again face to face with my "teacher". He pulled me closer, this always gave me some extremely delicious feelings. He kissed my collar bone and then stopped.

"Maybe you should go, its late." he said.

Of course he's asking me to leave. I was stupid to drop the 'L' bomb this early.

"Hey, James, about that thing i said earlier,

He came closer kissed on my forehead and said
" it's getting late, you should go home."

Ouch

**************************
A/N: What do you think will Katie do now?

Did you know you get a cupcake for everytime you vote!!!