9| Calm before storm

Start from the beginning

"I.. need your help. My tie is missing" He said the first thought came into his brain.

"Uff... You scared me chotte.." She smiled at him affectionately and turned towards to Shyam "I'll come down with chotte..."

Shyam gave a tight smile before excusing himself from there.

***

"I am scared Khushi"

"Oh jiji. What's there to get scared? You're going to tie nuptial with your pyari Aakashji.."

"Khushi I am scared about Shyam"

Khushi stopped her actions. Already her heart was on war about the same thing.

"Your concern should be on your marriage payalia" Came the voice from outside.

Both sisters turned towards the source.

"We hid the truth for two reasons. One for Anjali betiya and another for payalia. There was nothing that can make Anjali betiya life better than throwing Shyam out. But that was not in case with payalia. There are only few hours left for payalia to step into her new life. At least there should be a justification for our lie. Payalia marriage will have to happen without problem. Least we could satisfy ourselves for hiding the truth if her marriage happens without problems"

Khushi looked at buaji with uncertainty.

"Jiji is right Khushi betiya. Just few hours don't think anything other than Payal marriage. Adding to our strength now even Arnav bituwa and Aakash bituwa was aware of Shyam truth. Devayaniji called us and told that marriage would happen without any problem" Garima acknowledged and summed up buaji talks.

"But..." Payal opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Khushi.

"She's right jiji. Your forehead will be like four line notebook if you keep worrying about everything"

Payal giggled at her choice of words "I don't know how I'll cope up without you in my life in Raizada parivaar"

"Soon she will follow you payalia. Don't worry" Buaji squealed in her high pitched voice. Khushi averted her eyes trying hard to avoid the pink hue spreading across her cheeks.

Garima fondly caressed her daughter cheeks "Get ready girls..."

***

"Wow... You're looking gor.. nice khushiji" Nk greeted the Gupta's.

Khushi blushed slightly shaking her head in acceptance while buaji looked at him as if he was alien. Nani and Anjali who was arranging the thali looked up with a smile

"Payalji... khushiji..." Anjali shouted in  glee and shared a formal hug before circling the thali across Payal.

"Welcome would be Raizada bahu" Nani welcomed giving her blessings when the girls bend down touching her feet.

While the elders sharing the pleasantries couple of eyes searched for the particular someone.

"Khushiji are you searching for anyone?"

Khushi fiddled her fingers nervously for getting caught red handed. She forced a smile and nodded as no.

As everyone was escorted to their respective bride room which was allocated solely for Gupta's, Khushi stopped herself from joining them.

Nk who seemed to notice her aloofness came to her with a bag of flowers "Khushiji can you help me in fixing this decoration? You know I am having difficulty"

"Woh nanehji... I mean.. I have some other work.." She tried to escape from there. All her eyes wish to see was that certain Raizada. From the moment she stepped into Raizada mansion, she expected him to appear before her giving her his lopsided smile. Her heart went out for him. She knows he must be having hard time to cope up with the truth. And that snake being roaming around holding Anjali arms would add fuel to his rage. She feared his patience would snap soon and moreover the amount of pain his eyes showed was haunting her.