Chapter 8 (Part 3 of 3)

Bella POV

I was currently in one of the luxurious sport's cars the Volturri had for their special guests. Edward was driving while Alice was in the passenger seat, bouncing up and down in an exuberant manner. I could tell that Edward was beginning to get frustrated with her, but I knew he loved his sister dearly. I watched them bicker back and forth from the back seat.

"Alice, calm down. You're beginning to get annoying."

"But we're going shopping! How could I possibly calm down, especially when Bella has joined us?"

"Well, try."

Edward was maneuvering the car smoothly down the beautiful roads of Italy, on the way to its famous shops and stores. It wasn't exactly easy for my masters to agree to let me go with them, but I think they were defeated by Alice's charm, and the fact that she showed them what the future would hold for us out here. Alice had also given me some "normal" clothing to wear, that way I wouldn't stand out. The long, soft pink dress and light yellow sweater covered my body's horror story from unaccustomed eyes.

The car had suddenly stopped, and I knew we had reached our destination. Edward got out of the car as quickly as humanly possible and came to open my door, giving me his hand. My cheeks stained with a light blush as I scooted out of the car, my ankle bracelet rubbing against my warm skin uncomfortably. Edward had noticed my look of discomfort, and asked me silently with a raised eyebrow if I was okay. Nodding my head, I slipped my arm through his bent one and let him lead me to the stores.

It was a cloudy day today in Italy, so my immortal companions were safe from being revealed to the human race. Alice was dressed in a beautiful blue sundress, while Edward wore a pair of denims and light blue button-up shirt. I couldn't help but to marvel at the beauty that seemed to form around them in an aura, captivating all those who managed to look.

"Bella?" Edward asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked around the extravagant store as Alice made her way immediately to the first rack of clothing.

"Yes, Edward?" I mumbled as I looked up at him from beneath my eyelashes, slightly intimidated by my unfamiliar surroundings. Edward seemed like he was shocked, breathing uneasily. His eyes flitted back and forth across my face, looking at me with an indescribable expression.

"Do you want to look around and see if you can find anything you like?" He said a little shakily. What was wrong with him? He's never acted that way before. Did I have something on my face?

Edward's words had just registered in my head, and I looked up at him with shock and confusion. Didn't he know that I was nothing but a worthless slave, without a penny to my name or material objects to call mine?

"I," my mouth stuttered out nervously, "I . . . d-don't have any m-m-money." My tongue had stumbled over the final word. Money was something that I'd never had, and had never physically seen. I knew that it could solve all of my problems, and for that reason I was spiteful towards it.

"Oh, Bella," Edward began quietly as he took both of my hands into his stone ones. "You don't have to worry about that anymore; not as long as I'm here with you."

"But, Edward, I wouldn't be able to repay yo-"

"Buying you something you need would not put you in my debt. And you need clothes."

"Edward, my masters would not allow it." I muttered quickly. Looking down, I avoided Edward's heavy gaze. I knew he was upset about this predicament and I regretted making him angry, but I'd rather face Edward's anger than my masters' whip.

Edward opened his mouth to speak, seeming confident in what he was about to say.

"Bella, I lo-"