Chapter 6

I'm sitting in a corner while the men are questioning the boy. T-dog is trying to help me with my jaw. He's cleaning up the blood.

"Thank you" I say quietly.

He nods, focusing on not hurting me. They question the boy. When Daryl mentions them taking Glenn I instantly get up. The boy insults Merle's name. Daryl tries to attack the kid but Rick holds him back. This is my chance. Nobody expects me. I slug the kid in the face.

"You tell me where the hell they took him now you little bastard!" I go to swing at him again but Rick grabs me.

"Wanna see what happened to the last guy that pissed her off?" Daryl says and throws Merle's hand at the kid.

He freaks out and throws it off him. I try to grab the kid by his throat but Rick gently gets me off and guides me towards Daryl.

"You better tell her what she wants to know." Daryl glares.

~~~
We find ourselves in some woods in front of a boarded up building. We gear up.

"One wrong move, you get an arrow in the ass. Just like your guy. Just so you know." Daryl threatens.

"Yeah, I'll take it out of mine and shove it up yours. Just so you know." The kid retorts.

Rick stops their argument. I put the last bullet in my gun and follow the men. We stop, point our guns at the boy and the gates open up.

"You ok little man." A skinny Mexican asks.

"They threaten to cut off my feet man." The boy replies.

The guy looks at Rick, "cops do that?"

"No man, the assassin punta. Cut off some dudes hand." The boy says.

I grind my teeth.

"You shut up don't talk about her like that." Daryl surprisingly took up for me.

Then the two men from the alley show up. The big guy talks about Daryl shooting him in the ass.

The guy who seems to be the leader stops them. "This true, you threaten to cut off his feet? Pretty sick man."

"We're hoping for a calm discussion." Rick finally says.

"You want to cut off my lil' cousins feet. And you shoot my man in the ass and you want a calm discussion?"

"Mistakes were made." Rick says.

"On both sides." I chime in.

"Who are they to you anyway? Y'all don't look related." He asks.

"They're part of my group. I'm sure you got a few like them." Rick responds.

"You got my brother in there?" Daryl asks.

"Sorry, fresh outta white boy. Got some Asian though. You interested?" The leader says.

"I have one of yours. You have one of mine. Sounds like an even trade." Rick says.

"Don't sound even to me." The leader protests.

"Come on man." The boy says.

"My people got beat up. But to get ti the point, where's my bag of guns?" The leader asks.

"Your guns? You're mistaken." Rick says.

"I don't think so." The leader objects.

"About it being yours." Rick states.

I get so irritated I zone out, until the guys on the roof appear with a man who has a bag on his head. They pull it off.

"Glenn!" I yell clutching the gun.

Everyone starts walking away and they drag Glenn off.
"No no! Glenn!" Daryl gently but quickly starts guiding me back to the building.

Back at the building, Rick puts the bag of guns on a table.

"Guns are worth more than gold. They'll protect your family and put food on the table. You really going to give them up for the kid?" Daryl asks.

"We aren't leaving without him!" I glare.

The boy says something and Daryl smacks him upside the head.

"Is Glenn worth risking your life?" Daryl looks at Rick.

"The life I have I owe to him. I was just some idiot in a tank, he could've walked away but he didn't. Neither will I." Rick says.

They keep talking about Glenn and the guns. I block them out until suddenly I get nudged. Daryl hands me a loaded gun.

We leave the building and find ourselves at the building again. Daryl has his gun pointed to the kids back and we approach the doors. Daryl shoves the boy in and we all follow after. They all talk for a minute then the next thing I know, we all cock our guns getting ready to fire. Then out of nowhere comes a croaky female voice. It's hard for me to understand her but we all end up following her. She guides us through what appears to be a nursing home. Then she shows us to a group of people who are surrounding an old man and Glenn.

"What the hell is this?" Rick asks impatiently.

"Asthma attack." Glenn replies.

"We thought you were being eaten by dogs man!" T-dog exclaims.

Glenn looks over at three little ankle biters. I hate those dogs. Rick and the leader of this group walk off to talk. Moments later we walk into a room where they continue to talk. I walk over to Glenn.

"Are you ok?" I inspect him from afar.

"Yes I'm fine." He places a hand on my shoulder.

"Good." I nod.

Rick gives them a few guns and some ammo then we leave.

"We came back to Atlanta for the hat?" Glenn jokes.

"Don't tell anybody." Rick chuckles.

"Don't tell anybody what? You gave up half our guns and ammunition?" Daryl says.

"Not nearly half." Rick replies.

We approach the van. Or at least, where it was.

"Where the hell is the van?" I ask.

"Who would take it?" Glenn chimes in.

"Merle." Rick says plainly.

We all start running immediately, slowing to a walk eventually then running again. Until finally we make it to camp late at night. Where chaos is occurring. There's screaming and gunshots. We immediately pick up the pace. I start slashing away. The men start firing. I stumble over a dead walker and lose my katana. A walker grabs my arm. I scream and start thrashing. Then another walker comes and bites my neck.

So I thought. Glenn shoots them in the head and the walker by my neck falls on me. I finally find my katana and Glenn helps me up.

"Get to the RV!" He yells, gently shoving me ahead.

"I'm helping you!" I continue to slash the walkers through their heads.

Carl runs and yells for Rick. I continue looking to make sure there's no more. Glenn starts breathing frantically. I pat him on the back. It's then we notice one of our many loses. Andrea starts crying and calling her sister's name repeatedly.

Then Jim speaks up."I remember my dream now, why I dug those holes."