two

"Veronica, time to wake up." Presley says in an unhappy tone.

"One more minute." The little girl says rolling over on the small bed.

"You said that fifteen minutes ago! You need to wake up! You have to go with grammy so I can go to work!" Presley says in an even angrier tone.

"Alright! I'm up!" She says getting unhappy that her mother was getting angry with her.

The small girl stood up walking to the bathroom as her mother raced around the one room apartment stuffing things into the Dora book bag for her four year old daughter.

"Make it quick Ronnie! We have to be at the mall in a half hour!"

She stood on the step stool looking in the mirror as she grabbed her Peppa Pig tooth brush squeezing some tooth paste on and brushing her teeth.

"You still need to get dressed sweetie." Her mum yelled as she finished up in the bathroom walking out seeing her mum pulling her dark brown hair into a pony tail.

She got her light hair from her dad -- at least that's what her mum had told her.

"Your clothes are on the bed." Presley says looping a shoe lace through the loops on the skinny jeans and buttoning the buttons on the black dress shirt.

Veronica pulled on the purple sun dress and flip flops as her mum continued racing through out getting ready.

"Come on, grab your things, we have to get on the subway so we can get there on time." Presley says grabbing her daughter's hand and pulling her out of the apartment hardly still on her feet.

She held her daughter in her arms as she jogged down the stairs and running through out the crowded streets of New York and to the Subway.

Hardly making it onto the train, Presley was breathless.

"Mummy." Veronica says quietly.

"Yeah?" Presley says looking at the toddler in her arms.

"When can we have an us day again? It's been like a gazillion years." She says.

"Soon sweetheart. Hopefully before another gazillion years passes. Than what? No Peppa Pig to watch!" Her mum says making the young girl gasp. "Than we'll have to watch Paw Patrol!"

"Are you trying to make me die inside?" The little girl exclaims, making her mum laugh.

She loved seeing her mum smile.

It wasn't often that she did.

She hardly seen her mum that much, she worked two jobs, and was always rushing, or sleeping when she did get to see her mum.

Getting off the train, Presley was back on speedo mode and was bolting up the stairs and across sidewalks and through streets and into the mall where grammy was supposed to be.

But she wasn't there.

"Are you kidding me right now?" She says setting the four year old down, and taking out her phone dialing the number.

"Oh my god! Mummy! Look! They have unicorn pillows."

Her mother groaned, "She isn't even answering the damn phone."

Veronica held onto her mother's hand as she dialed the number again.

"Now what the fuck am I supposed to do?" Her mother cursed.

"Can I get a unicorn pillow?" She asks, a hopeful smile on her face.

"I don't have extra money right now Veronica." She says typing on her phone.

"Pleeaaassee?" She begs.

"No. I already said I don't have the money."

Veronica pouts slightly.

Presley jumps slightly with happiness.

"Awesome. Uncle Gazzy said he can watch you for a bit well I go to work before he heads back to Cali."

"I don't like him. He always talks about this Lil Pump dude."

Presley shook her head.

"Too bad." She says. "I have to work and no one else can watch you."

Veronica knew her mum was in a bad mood so said nothing.

"Hopefully he gets here quick, I have to be at the restaurant in less than a half hour."

Veronica hoped he didn't show up at all.

Maybe her mum would have to call off work and they could spend the day together.

But sadly, that didn't happen.

"Bish you lucky you caught me when I was only a block away!" Uncle Gazzy's voice boomed as he walked up to them.

"Thank you so much Gazzy!" She says hugging him. 

"No problem." He smiled kissing her mum, making her cringe.

"Be good Veronica." Her mum said running off.

"All right short stuff. What do we wanna do today?"