13- Study Hall

"So..., how was today for you?" Keefe asked as they were walking to study hall. 

"Huh?" Aurelia asked. "Oh, it was okay. But you know what would make it better? If I wasn't stuck with you the whole time."

Keefe put a hand to his chest. "Ouch, Sky. I'm hurt."

"Good." 

They arrived at study hall just as the bell rang. Aurelia chose a seat to the left of her sister while Keefe sat on the other side of her. Fitz was already sitting to the right of Sophie, lost in a book. "Hey," Sophie said. Fitz nodded in acknowledgement to their presence while Sophie continued, "how was the first day for you?"

"School sucks," Aurelia replied. She slumped her head on the desk, exhausted. "And of all the flavors in the world, chocolate had to be the one for the lockers today." Out of the corner of her eye, Aurelia could see Keefe smirking. So you really don't like chocolate, do you? Keefe had said once.

"Ms. Foster!" A voice from the front of the room called. The teacher - who knows what her name is - was staring directly at Aurelia. Both her and Sophie's heads popped, due to the same last name.

"Ugh... Aurelia. I understand you're new, but you have to be quiet during study hall. It is a crucial time for students to review notes or catch up in classes they are falling behind in."

Aurelia hung her head, pretending to be sorry. "My apologies, Miss. It won't happen again." Ha, Aurelia thought. That's a lie.

The eight of them went to Havenfield after school. Keefe kept elbowing Aurelia in the ribs, much to her annoyance. But it wasn't the constant poking in her side that bothered her - it was the fact that Keefe had to bend down enough so his elbow was actually able to hit her ribs.

"Yeah, Keefe," she said. "I know. I'm short."

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Nevermind." Keefe stopped poking her after that. They walked side by side over to Calla's Panakes tree where everyone was sitting in a circle, eating a custard burst.

"Did you save any for us?" Keefe asked. He made a pouty lip.

"Yeah, there's one left," Tam said. "Looks like you're gonna have to split it."

"You can have it," Aurelia said almost immediately.

"Well," Keefe said. "In that case, I better eat this before you change your mind." And with that, he stuffed the whole thing in his mouth and grinned, his cheeks full.

A/N: Sorry for the long update, guys! (Not like anyone really reads this anyways) I won't be publishing that often until school starts back up again. Sorry again!

-Imallama