6 - Forgiveness

"Anne, my parents are going to HATE me," I cry.

I haven't even read any text messages I've got yet, I can't bare to.

"No they aren't," Anne says trying to comfort me.

I drop my phone in my lap and start to cry even heavier now. Anne picks up my phone and reads the messages I've gotten.

"Want me to read them for you?" Anne asks me.

"Not really but go ahead better you read them than I," I say.

Mother: YOU DIRTY SELFISH BRAT. HOW COULD YOU RUIN THE JONES NAME BY JOINING PT BARNUM'S CIRCUS AND GET INTIMATE WITH HIM. NO DENYING IT THERE'S PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF. YOU KNOW WHAT A SCOUNDREL HE IS. YOU'RE A C**T.

Father: JJ, I'm disappointed that you are associating with such low people. Your mother is very angry with you right now as you have probably seen from a text she sent you. I'm afraid we have to disassociate with you because of your actions. I hope the best for you. And stay safe, we all know what that P.T. Barnum character can do.

Matty: Jane, I hope you're okay. Whatever your parents say doesn't matter because you can do whatever the heck you want. I'm proud of you for living out your dream!
...
Also, my mother has sadly passed away and I will have to stay here for the next few years so I'll see you soon. Or whenever. But good luck. Xoxo Matthew.

Charity: Hun, what have you done, your parents are so disappointed in you. I hope you're okay but your mother had demanded that the girls and I never see you again. I'm sorry. But goodbye.

Kiana: JANE I MISS YOU. I WILL COME SEE THE CIRCUS SOON. I AM GOING TO SNEAK OUT. DONT TELL MUM THOUGH. ps, I hope you're okay, your parents seemed pretty mad. Love you cus.

I am bawling my eyes out and trying to speak.

"My whole family disowned me. Matt's mother has died and I won't see him for years and my cousin has to sneak out just to see the circus now and it's all my fault. If only I hadn't gone out that night," I cry.

P.T Barnum's POV.

"I've ruined her life. If only I hadn't gone out that night," I whisper to myself.

Jane's POV.

"Hey, it'll get better, I know you don't want to see Barnum at the moment but you will forgive him sooner or later, I saw the heartbreak in your eyes when you did that, you need space right now, it'll all get better. I promise," Anne says, this stops me crying.

"Guess so," I mutter.

My whole life is ruined because I did one thing. I didn't want it to be ruined yet. I've struggled badly before and I won't have it happen again. I still have tons of people who support my decisions even if they aren't family. I have an entire digital family that care so much.

"Anne, can you do something?" I ask.

Anne nods questionably.

I tell her my plan and she agrees.

j.axne: hey guys you have probably heard the stories already but I wanted to say, it's not going to effect me and I hope that we can all be one strong family stuff. Love you, xoxo Jane.

❤️ 830,489
💬739,380
💞(retweets) 2.5 million

Anne shows me my phone and I smile, through the sniffles and residue tears.

"Thanks Anne," I smile.

••••••

I've been out of hospital fopr two weeks and everything has been getting better slowly. My parents have realised I wasn't going to respond to them so they gave up and my cousin, Kiana is backstage after school everyday.