Chapter 22-I feel pain

Start from the beginning

"I saw the look in his eyes, but you kids are too young to understand." He says shaking his head. I look at him confused, but he just laughs to himself.

"You feeling alright Gramp?" I ask. He nods and waves me off. I shake my head putting the hat back on and walking over to my car. "I think my Grandpa's going crazy," I say to Mason as I grab myself a water from the trunk. I look up at Mason, but he seems to be in his own world. "Mason?" I ask. He turns his head.

"Yeah, what?" He asks quickly.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I ask and he nods.

"Just thinking about random stuff." He replies. I nod my head before grabbing the Pringles. "Hope you plan on sharing those," Mason says. I smile and hold them to my chest.

"Maybe one." I say and he laughs.

"Not if I can get them." He says and lunges towards me. I scream with laughter and start running. I run around all the junk that's on the ground and try to get to the open field before he can catch me, but he gets me right as I'm about to put my foot into the field. He swings me around and I laugh as he still can't get the Pringles from my hands. He sets me on my feet and I hold them behind my back. I laugh as he reaches, but can't seem to get them.

We continue to play around until he trips and drags both of us to the ground. I fall on his left and we both groan. "Who's the clutz now," I say looking over at him. I get to my feet and stretch my back. I look back down at him and he just stays there. He doesn't move and I tilt my head. "Need help?" I ask. He nods a little and I laugh. I put the bottle of Pringles down and hold my hands out. "One, two, three," I say and pull. He helps which makes it so I can actually get him up.

"That knocked the wind outta me." He mumbles and I shake my head smiling. I grab the Pringles and give him some.

"Just because I hate when that happens." I say before walking away. I walk over to the fire that has more trash in it and sit on the ground beside my Grandmother. She's eating something that looks like mush.

"Those aren't good for you." She says. I roll my eyes looking up at her.

"Neither is...whatever that is," I say motioning to the bowl.

"This is an organic casserole that I made for your information." She says taking another bite.

"I'm just gonna stick with my Pringles for now," I say grabbing a few more. I look to where Mason should have been to see he's gone.

"Where's your pretty boy?" I hear my Grandma ask. I turn to her horrified.

"Grandma. He's not mine and don't call him pretty boy." I say feeling my cheeks get warm.

"What? Do you guys say hot now?" She asks and I'm sure my face is as red as the fire.

"Grandma just stop." I say and she laughs.

"I love seeing you uncomfortable." She laughs. I shake my head and look for Grandpa.

"Where's your pretty boy?" I ask. She starts laughing and I join in. Just then the boys show up.

"What's got you ladies laughing so hard?" My Grandpa says. I just shake my head and start calming myself down. I look over to Mason and he seems to be in thought about something. I bump his shoulder with mine and turn the Pringles towards him. He smiles before taking some.

The rest of the night we joke and talk about random stuff. My Grandparents go to bed pretty early, but Mason and I stay out again. This time we'll remember to put water over the fire. My Grandma scolded us for about ten minutes before going to bed.