~2~

Even though she didn't look it, Betty had never been more nervous. she had no idea how he would react. she couldn't blame him if he hated her after what she did to him. however, she was determined to paint herself a new picture, strong, confident and ultimately, unstoppable.

sweet pea guided her to the door and then left with a whisper of "good luck", leaving her to stare at the door. she knew if she did this, she could never go back, not that she wanted to but Betty was always an overthinker. she never liked a cliffhanger. quickly, as if she wanted to get it over with while she still had the courage, she knocked on the door.

A moment later the door opened, and standing before her was the one and only, Jughead Jones. He hadn't aged at all. He was still as beautiful as she remembered him, only ten times sexier. his face was full of confusion and he held a frown on his brow. immediatly, she copuld tell this wasnt going to be a walk in the park.

Betty, however, determined to stay confident stood there with her arms folded across her chest and her chin held high. she wanted jughead to know he doesn't scare her, even though he did. He terrified her.

Jughead was about to slam the door in her face when she threw her hand against it.

"you look like you've seen a ghost, juggie" she knew she was running on thin ice but she couldn't help herself. with a sudden wave of energy in her, she started walking into his room, careful to hide the mischevious grin she could feel rising. he stepped aside with anger evidently growing within him by the second.

"Betty what the hell do you think you're doing here?" he shouted at her stepping forward to tower over her and slamming the door shut behind him. shocked, Betty gasped and took a step back. her heart started beating faster and faster. she remembered his words from years ago. "deep breaths, in and out... "after regaining herself, she built up the courage to ask him.

"I need your help" she said her voice wavering slightly. she couldn't believe she was doing this.

"well, then why don't you go ask your redhead prince" he spat at her, turning away.

"I left him. turns out you get sick of pretending to be someone your not pretty damn quickly" she was looking down at her hands, playing with her fingers.

He scoffed. "whatever you want betty. whatever you want to say to yourself to try and make yourself feel better, but guess what? I don't care, so you should go back to him, or at least find somewhere far from here to stay. you don't belong here anymore betty, your not a serpent anymore." he said in a harsh tone, turning away from her to take a drink of his beer.

"i am not going anywhere jughead and you know i mean it. I'm as much a serpent as you and everyone else here is and you know that."

"your wrong betty" jughead had never been more frustrated. after she left, he would pray for the day she came back to him, but this longing for her, waiting for her to realise her mistake manifested into a hatred towards her. however, jughead knew betty like the back of his hand, and he knew she wasn't going anywhere. "go, now"

"juggie, I'm not going anywhere." she breathed stubbornly, sitting down on the black leather sofa in the corner with a sigh. she knew exactly how to get under his skin, after all, old habits die hard.

"don't call me that. its Jughead, oh yeah! not your boyfriend anymore Jughead" he said turning around and sitting down in a chair across from her. "but, you know, just for fun, why don't you tell me whats going on in your crazy head that made you think that I might help you?" he said. he thought instead of shouting at her, which evidently didn't work, he would have some fun.

"I know how much you hate me. I know how happy you would be to never have to see my face ever again. so I'm not going to leave. I'm staying right here, in the southside. and it's going to be very hard to get rid of me. who knows, you might even give in." she said slowly. standing up she walked to the door and left the room, slamming the door loudly behind her.

~~~~

Betty knocked on the door of the trailer and soon, a smiling Cheryl appeared.

"Dear cousin Betty, what brings you back to Riverdale?" she said with a smile, pulling her in for a hug. 

"I plan on staying, you know, forever," Betty said with a slight chuckle in her voice. Cheryl looked shocked. 

"but what about Archie?" she aked confused. they moved to the couch. they sat down next to each other. their trailer was much like Jughead and Fp's, only a lot tidier and with a lot more things scattered around. betty could only imagine this was the work of a blossom bloodline.

" I left him" Betty said, clearing her throught. she kept replaying the day in her head, thinking about whether or not she made a mistake. but she kept telling herself that this is what she wanted. she hated living with the lodges. she was a serpent, not a trophy wife.

"anyway, where is Toni, and how is Jason? i saw the photos, he's adorable." betty said smiling. she loved babies and always knew she wanted to start  family with someone, just not archie.

"Toni's in the shower, she'l be out soon and Jason is asleep. i just put him to bed... betty," cheryl suddenly got serious. " where are you planniung on staying. i know Jughead isnt going to be very happy that your here and there isnt any room at the whyte wyrm."

"well, i was sort of hoping i could stay here, on the couch?" betty said, innocently patting the couch beneath herhoped she would say yes. she had nowhere else to go.

"of course cousin. we would be happy to have you." she said smiling. 

Toni came into the room with wet hair and some old clothes on. but something caught her eye. Betty recognized that t-shirt. it was Jugheads t-shirt. Cheryl didnt seem to notice anything, but betty kept thinking: why would toni topaz have jugheads t-shirt?