new faces

*time lapse to friday*

i tapped my pen impatiently.

It was my last class of the week and i couldn't wait until i got out of this hell hole for two days.

i was lost in a daydream when the principal came in the room. she wore a dark blazer and pencil skirt with a pink shirt poking though. Dark tights and practical dark heels that couldnt really be called heels.

"good afternoon students. yes i am aware you have only five minutes left and you want to pack up quickly but i wish to inform you that coming monday we will havw a new student joining homeroom class 10B1" shit, that was my class "His name is Josh ramsay and i'd appreciate it if you all would make him feel welcome" she announced.

"Ok you can pack up now. leave when you're ready" the teacher piped up just as the bell rang.

i quickly stuffed my books in my bag and hurried out of the faded yellow room, down the faded green corridors to my locker, punching in the combonation and throwing my bag in. I grabbed my purse and coat from one of the shelves and started to head out of the building to go and find Aaron and Paulie in the parking lot.

As i left through the huge mahogony double doors of hell i glanced around and quickly found the curly, blonde head of Paulie and hussled over to his blue toyota.

"Hey boys!" i called as i got nearer the car.

they turned to face me, Aaron towering over Paulie.

"hey little lady. hop in we're going for ice cream" paulie called back to me.

"man you know ice cream makes me sick, i'm just gonna get a milshake or something" i responded getting in the car, "SHOTGUN!" I shouted just as i saw Aaron about to open his mouth.

"Again? really?" he questioned

"ya snooze ya lose big boy" i retorted laughing.

we drove down the road blasting Green Day and singing along.

"DO YOU KNOW THE ENEMY? DO YOU KNOW YOUR ENEMY WAH HEY!!" me and paulie had rolled down all the windows and we were now getting some strange looks from passers by as we drove past.

we pulled up into the parking lot of wendy's. we went in and i grabbed a table while the boys went and ordered.

i took out my phone and flipped through my photos like i always did when i was bored or waiting on someone.

i soon got enticed by a partucular photo of the aurora borealis. the colours were captivating, blending seamlessly in masses of greens and blues and purples. i was so enthrawled in the picture i didnt notice when the boys came and sat down at the table. i didnt even feel paulie poking me in my upper arm.

"yoohoo Rosie...snap out of it" Aaron tried breaking through my concentration.

my head snapped up and i looked at two boys with an apologetic look

"sorry, aurora borealis photos again."

"dont worry about it.

so anything interesting happen either of you today?" questioned Paulie. paulie was in the year above Aaron and myself so we didnt have any classes together.

i stirred my vanilla and caramel milkshake with the straw and took a sip.

"uhm..yeah, my class are getting a new kid next week, josh something-or-other was his name i think" i informed the two.

"ooh triple barreled name, i like him already!" joked Aaron. he loved taking the piss out of people, one of the main reasons why we're friends is because our sense of humour is almost identical.

we must have spent the next hour and a half walking around our local mall just talking and laughing at Paulie when he fell into a bin trying to be like Regina George in mean girls and totally failing in the process.

one minute we saw Paulie sachetting down through the crowds of people next monute just feet and a few cries for help.

Aaron and myself almost pissed ourselves laughing so hard before we could control ourselves enough to help him.

Paulie drove me home at around 6:30 that evening. when i got through the red door of my moderately sized house, i went into the kitchen and grabbed a packet of oreos and a few cans of coke zero, man i was addicted to this stuff, and just went up to my room were i spent the rest of the night scrolling through my tumblr dashboard and updating my johnlock fanfiction before i drifted off to sleep.

the weekend brought hours of band practices in which we wrote a new song. we must have played through the thing about 60 times before it was deemed ready to record.

we had a recording mic set up in my bathroom shower because it had the best accoustics.

i put the bulky headphones on and started to sing;

"i wish i could bubblewrap my heart

in case i fall and break apart

im not god i cant change the stars and i dont know if there's life on mars

but i know you hurt the people that you love and those who care for you

and i want nothing to do with the things you're going through

this is the last time i give up this heart of mine

i'm telling you that i'm a broken man who's finally realised

you're standing in moonlight but you're black on the inside

who do you think you are to cry?

this is good bye

i'm a little dazed and confused

but life's a bitch and so are you

all my days have turned into nights

cos living without without without you in my life

this is the last time i give up this heart of mine

i'm telling you that i'm a broken man who's finally realised

you're standing in moonlight but you're black on the inside

who do you think you are to cry?

this is good bye

turn on the radio honey

cos every single sad song you'll be able to relate

this one i dedicate

whoa dont get all enotional baby you could never talk to me you're unable to communicate

this is the last time i give up this heart of mine

i'm telling you that i'm a broken man who's finally realised

you're standing in moonlight but you're black on the inside

who do you think you are to cry?

this is good bye (x3)"

i sang the song with all my heart and soul pourig into each line. out of all the songs we've ever written this has to be my favourite. i stepped out of the shower and back into my bedroom where all the equipment we were using was set up.

"that sounded awesome Rosie! we need to put a lable on that recording so..

whats the song called?" Aaron spoke up.

"um....im thinking of calling it "bubblewrap". what do you guys think?" i suggested

"AWESOME!!" They both shouted in unison.

"bubblewrap it is then" i laughed at the two idiots sitting infront of me.

sunday was uneventful and consisted of sleeping, eating, tumblr and dreading school the next day.

A/N

the song used is "Bubblewrap" by mcfly and i highly suggest checking it out if you havnt already heard it :)

i hope you guys are enjoying this fic and i will try and update very soon

till then

peace

-rachie