"Go sit yo ass down." Dad points to a random table and Wesley smacks his lips and goes to sit down while I just stood there laughing.

"I am so sorry about that but can I have a double scoop of the Miami vice sherbert, please?" He says and the cashier laughs.

"No problem. He's a cutie and I'm pretty sure he gets that from you."

Barf.

Before Dad could speak, I intervened. "Sorry to be a block but can I please get my ice cream before you start trying to mack my Father? Thank you."

I smile politely and she flushes red due to her embarrassment. "I'm sorry. I'll get that for you right now." She begins preparing our things and Dad turns to look at me. "Why'd you do that?" He whispers with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Do what? Try and get my ice cream? Which is what we came here for in the first place, if I'm not mistaken. Besides, as soon as I get my ice cream you're free to get macked and do all the macking you wanna do. Deal?" He smacks his lips and I laugh in defeat.

"Okay, double-scoop macadamia nut, a birthday cake milkshake, and a double-scoop Miami Vice sherbet

"Okay, double-scoop macadamia nut, a birthday cake milkshake, and a double-scoop Miami Vice sherbet. You total is $8.34." She says, tapping her drastically long acrylic nails in the counter top. I thought my nails were hella long but she had me beat.

"Thank you." I grabbed my bowl and the disposable plastic spoon along with Wesley's shake before walking over to the table where he was sitting. "Is this nigga try'na mack my future future?" He says watching as Dad flirted with the cashier. I snort and quickly cover my mouth while laughing.

Wesley was literally one of the biggest characters I knew. The only person who was neck to neck with Wesley when it came to their sense of humor was Cedric and when those two were in the same place, it was hell. That's why they never got along because all they did was talk shit to each other.

"Wesley, that woman is like twenty-five. You might as well nip that in the bud." I said and he smacked his lips. "You ever thought about what would happen if Dad got a girlfriend or if he was married again?" Wesley asks and I shrug. "Yeah, I mean, he's getting up there in age. He's gonna need someone eventually."

Wesley shakes his head, "No, he doesn't because him and Mom are gonna get back together." My heart sank to my stomach just like it did every time she was mentioned. I didn't hate my mom, I still loved her but I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive her for what she's done to us. The mental and verbal abuse, the neglect... It was all too much for me to just let go of.

Sadly, Wesley just thought that she and Dad had just separated to get themselves together and eventually they'd get back together but that's not the case and he doesn't seem to understand that. Even though she's done all she's done to us, he found it easy to forgive her.

Not me.

I hadn't talked to her since the beginning of this year and sadly that didn't go to well. We both exchanged some words and she told me she never wanted to see me or speak to me again and the feeling was mutual.