"See You In The Game"

Sorry about the video not being a song, but I HAD to. Also, why not shadow because he's so colorful. Eyes on the HAT! They even call him Hat Guy! I don't care what you say about the Hat Guy, though, but HE'S CREEPY!

  "I do have to warn you, though, that it tends to glitch out after a while. There are a couple scratches on it form before, but it's still playable," Cory warned. "It happens to be one of my favorite games."

"Okay," Viola answers, and Cory's eyes light up as she sifts through a few more wires and puts the disk in. Her parents were already asleep, so they didn't have to worry about them interrupting the game, and any little pause to the game would just shorten their time to play it before it cut out.

Cory had finally gotten the game in and they got to the beginning screen. Cory picked the profile she wanted, her being the first player, and then the creepy "hat man" came. Cory had always thought he was creepy, and the look on Viola's face made Cory think that Viola thought the same.

  They ended up getting through two short games and were in the middle of the long one when it cut off. It was probably a good thing since Cory's voice was starting to hurt, and it was already midnight. Cory shut everything  off except the T.V. because, with guests over, Cory slept downstairs, that being her favorite place. Cory's parents already had a air-mattress on the floor for Viola since they wouldn't allow Cory to curl up on the other couch that had the middle part raised up like a consul to put things in and two cup holders.

They put on SNL first, and got comfortable. Cory ended up keeping SNL as background sound, even after Viola was asleep, and resorted to reading some Wattpad books.

~Le time skip brought to you by night time insomnia (I don't sleep at night. I take 2-3 hour naps)~

Getting bored around 3 or 4 a.m., she ended up putting on Impractical Jokers (Amazing show) until about 7:30 a.m. when she went to let the dogs out. Around 8 a.m., Viola started to wake up, and she saw Cory sitting on the couch, face glued to the computer screen.

Suddenly, the lights flickered in the room, and they heard a creepy voice say, "Mario Party 8!"

"What was that?" Viola asked, scarred.

"I don't know. I don't remember turning it back on..." Cory said, now staring at the consul for her Wii U, the  blue light emitting from it, telling her that it was on. Cory slowly walked towards the T.V., pushing the buttons on top of it, till it showed the beginning screen for Mario Party 8.

"That's weird..." Cory whispered, more to herself than to her companion. She looked at the two Wii remotes left on the ground, and they also had the blue lights on. Cory slowly walked over, and sat on her legs balancing herself with her feet as she inspected the remotes. "There doesn't seem to be anything wrong..." Cory whispered.

"Cory! Look!" Viola said rather urgently as she pointed at the, now darker, T.V. screen.

"Wha..." Cory asked, but then cut herself off, as she saw that the beginning screen had a shadow figure that looked a lot like the, "hat guy," behind all the other characters. "That's not ever happened before..." Cory said, getting worried now.

"Just pick it up," the voice from earlier whispered.

"Pick up what?" Viola's voice sounded distressed behind Cory.

"The remotes," the voice said in a voice as smooth as silk, almost as if it was trying to hypnotize them into doing its will.

"Now why would we do that?!" Cory's voice rang out among the room. The tried to keep a strong facade, but her voice started to waver, signaling that she almost as scared as Viola, and her walls were braking. 

"Because you're curious. Why else would you still be here?" 

The voice did have a point. Why did they stay.

"Just pick it up," the voice said again. This time, it was louder, and was signaling another headache for Cory. The voice seemed to echo in their heads now as he spoke.

"Why don't we just do it?" Viola asked. "What could go wrong?"

"Everything," Cory said under her breath, but went over and grabbed the remotes anyways, tossing one over to Viola.

"Pick your characters!" the voice said in a loud voice, almost like you would hear from an announcer.

Cory pointed hers at the screen first, and clicked it on Boo. The little ghost was always her favorite. It maid Boo's little laugh, and then, her remote went into little flakes towards the screen, like how the characters did in the beginning of Jumanji. Viola ended up picking Yoshi, which happened to actually be Cory's 2nd favorite, and her remote had done the same.

"Good choice!" the announcer guy said in a booming voice. Suddenly, Cory and Viola started to disappear as their remotes had done just moments before. 

"See you in the game, I guess." Cory said nodding her head.

Then, they disappeared, leaving no trace that they were even there. All you could here was an evil laugh in the distance that sounded a lot like the Hat Man's...

869 words! 

Sorry that this is later. I accidentally fell asleep before I got this chapter finished. I think it was around 2 or 3 a.m., though, so I'm surprised I actually fell asleep. Have a good day/night!