Chapter Sixteen: Let Me Know the Place and I'll Take You Away

Dahvie's P.O.V

-

"Well," I started, sighing a bit, "People are quick to judge."

He crinkled his eyebrows together in confusion, "What do you mean?"

I shrugged, leaning back, "Well, apparently, the people of Faith don't like others who dress differently. The last time I tried to go to Church, I got holy water thrown on my face and a cross placed on my head. They think I'm a fucking Spawn of Satan or something," I looked down, "Dad changed Churches after that, and they never let me come with them because he doesn't want their 'image' ruined. It got so bad after that that people everywhere are starting to spread rumors about me. I can only go into certain stores or areas because others think I'm going to stab them six hundred and sixty six times or something."

When I looked back over, I saw him scrunch his face up in a disgusted way that somehow looked cute, "I hate your Dad. I'm glad I put dirty water in his tea last night."

I blinked at him, an amused smile curling on the edge of my lips as I remembered how evil Jayy looked when Dad started choking last night, "You did what?"

He shrugged, "I got the water from the dirty rags I used to whipe up the water on the floor last night and put it in his tea."

I laughed at that, "Dude, he's a seriously fucking germaphobe. He'd kill you!"

He giggled, "So worth it."

"Anyways," I said, completely changing the subject as I smiled at him, "So, I've been talking about you at work, and my mates want to meet you,"

He blinked, "Wait, where do you work again?"

"I preform at Cafe's and make my money that way," I answered, shrugging a bit, "I have some people that come with me, and we sometimes sing together or play and stuff. Apparently, we're pretty good, so we don't really need actual jobs.."

"Then why not become a band?"

I thought about that for a second, "A band means becoming a big somebody and that people look up too. Everyone in this town throws eggs at me.. I don't think people would like too listen to a nobody,"

He scoffed and looked at me, raising his eye brow, "Dahvie, have you ever thought of leaving this place?"

"No," I said firmly, "If I leave, then they win,"

"Then show them what they're up against," He said, leaving over and pressing his lips to mine softly, "Because I have the hunch that they'll lose,"

I smiled at him, resting my hand on the back of his neck before pulling him in again, kissing him deeply this time.

~~~~~~~

Jayy's P.O.V

-

I raised my brow at him as he got out of the car, running to my side and opening the door for me,  "You're being generous today, "

He smiled cheekily, shrugging before taking my hand and helping me on my feet. People that walked past glared or distanced themselves, shielding their kids eyes or running away.

Wow.

I rolled my eyes before letting him lead me into the small cafe' that read 'Cannon Coffee'.

My nose crinkled up when the scent of grinded coffee beans hit me hard. It didn't smell bad, it was just strong.

"Yo Dahv's, over here!"

We both looked over, seeing a guy with bleach blonde hair, black snakebites, and a skin tight shirt and black jeans that matched.