Chapter Ten: No More Fears and No More Tears

Jayy's P.O.V

-

"I've..." I glanced briefly at the white rectangular table, "never played this, Dahv."

His only response to that was to give a small, teasing smile. He grabbed my hand despite my earlier warning and lead me closer, picking a white paddle and handing it to me. "There's a first time for everything." He grabbed his own paddle and went to the other side of the table, gesturing for me to do so too. I complied, going in the opposite direction.

"We'll be in equal terms anyway. I suck at this game too." He was pushing quarters in the money slot, suddenly grumbling under his breath, "Jake always manages to beat me."

I couldn't help the little giggle that spilled from my lips. The only reaction I got was his head shooting up and little harmless glares pushed my way. I only thought it was cute.

Suddenly the table came to life and I felt air radiating. I blinked. That's new. There was a sudden clink noise, and Dahvie reached down and grabbed a thin circular black piece. The puck. He smiled at me and held it up with his two fingers, "now - "

"Jayy?"

Dahvie stopped in the middle of his sentence as his gaze went behind me. Confused since I didn't have any other friends or acquaintances other than who Dahvie is with, I turned obliviously only to freeze in place as fear gripped my throat and squeezed. I managed to say two words though; "Daniel, sir?"

He was looking at me as if I had just given birth to a litter of pigs. I felt uncomfortable with him watching me like that. He suddenly stopped observing when those razor blue eyes slanted, "why are you here? And why aren't you working?" He glanced around, "did you run away? I hope not, I don't want no government officials here, boy."

"That won't be an issue." My head swimmed when a colorful bunch of hair appeared next to me. The bunch tilted his head, "who are you?"

Daniel crossed his arms. I knew that gesture well. He was staring at Dahvie and Dahvie was staring right back at him. It was a silent stand off and I wasn't sure how to end it.

"I'm the owner of this establishment." Daniel spoke. His voice was rough and his tone was sharp.

"Good for you, mate. Now, where in your job description does it say you can eye my boyfriend like a piece of meat?"

Both Daniel and I stopped and stared at him. The hummingbird that had been going on a peaceful flight during the night just got a burst of energy, flying up and right into my heart as it thudded. My ears, cheeks, and nose suddenly felt hot. Did he really just refer to me as his boyfriend?

The look on Daniel's face could only be described as one thing: priceless. His disgusted frown made me want to laugh because he just looked plain ugly with it. "That's so foul."

Dahvie didn't even blink. "Your attitude is foul."

He scowled then, now showing his angry side and I wanted to run away, because that face or attitude was never good. He pointed then, and I recalled it was the direction of the exit, "leave. You're an awful influence on the people in here."

"That's the pot painting the kettle black." He sighed. He shook his head before grabbing my hand, and I mindlessly let him lead me to the double doors of the building.

When we were out in the chilly night air, I shivered before looking down at him, "what just happened?" It just had happened so fast to me.

"The perfect excuse to get us out of there so I can take you to a special place." He tugged me along the parking lot towards the woods at the end. I stumbled;

"Special place? Where?"

"You'll see." He stuck his tongue out. I squinted.

When we reached the woods, there was about a total of five minutes of me ducking branches and tiptoeing over potholes and branches. The sky was just starting to gray while the sun set in the west.

He suddenly stopped and got behind me, touching my arm, "now, close your eyes."

I looked at him warily, raising my brow "why?"

He laughed, rolling his eyes before letting go of my hand and going behind me, "just do it, ya pussy."

I rolled my eyes at the harmless insult before closing them. I almost jumped when he covered them with his hands for good measure. "Now, go straight, and walk carefully." His breath tickled my ear and I stopped breathing for a second.

I did what he told, slowly walking forward even though I couldn't see anything, being extra careful so I wouldn't trip and kill myself. We walked for what felt like thirty seconds before the ground suddenly became smooth and much easier to walk on.

"Ready?"

He didn't give me time to answer. The hands were gone so I opened my eyes. They got wide when they captured the view in front of them. All I saw was color; orange, blue, brown, green, pink, white. It was a sunset along a landscape of the countryside. I blew out a stunned sigh at the beauty.

Dahvie went next to me, and I turned to him. He smiled, "pretty?"

I nodded, turning back and too transfixed to speak. He laughed. "You know what we should do?"

I finally broke my gaze to raise my eyebrow at him. He grinned before pulling out a thick, see-through wrap joint. I looked up at him in surprise, but ended up smiling too and sat down. I patted the spot next to me welcomingly.

 I patted the spot next to me welcomingly

Our thighs touched when he did. He pulled out a lighter and flicked it on, burning the tip of the joint. Once it was smoking, he put the other end in his mouth and lit it one more time while inhaling, officially making it smokeable.

He took two puffs before passing it to me. I inhaled my first hit slowly, staring out at the view. The sun was starting to get low, maybe five minutes of light left. I sighed out the smoke. Dahvie turned on soft music to match the mood, and I smiled happily when he rested his head on my shoulder.

The joint went back and forth a few times. The cannabis was starting to clear my vision and make me more relaxed. Before I realized I did it, I wrapped my right arm around him and squeezed lightly. It made him smile.

I felt so whole in this moment.

We talked about random things; my possible future job, our friends, our pasts. We play wrestled, we gave each other smokey kisses, we laughed at stupid videos on his phone. In this moment, I had officially broke down all the barriers I felt towards Dahvie in the beginning.

It was dark now. We were laying on the ground, my head rested on his chest against his heart. I could heat it beating. He was telling me about stars, showing where Polaris is, pointing out the planets. The sky was so clear, we could even see galaxies.

"Hey," I said. I turned my head upwards to see him. He looked down at me and smiled;

"Yes?"

I suddenly didn't feel any fear, embarrassment, or nervousness. I looked him in the eyes, "you should ask me to be your boyfriend."

His eyes widened and his face tinted red. It made me smile. He was cute, and I felt accomplished to make him flustered.It wasn't me for once.

"Bet. Be my boyfriend?" He asked quickly. I giggled - giggled. That's new. I didn't mind much though.

"Bet." I stuck my tongue out at him. He pushed it back in by kissing me.

Hai Lovelies Cx
I decided to make a cute fluff chapter. I hope yinz enjoyed, comment and vote if you did, means a lot and keeps the story going c:
I finally made a instagram XD imadevilontheinside2. I don't post much, sorry XD
So yeahhh... stay strong c: <3